Streaming Live TV? (1 Viewer)

socngill

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Plymouth, UK
Hi all.

I am looking for a way to have media portal stream live TV from one PC on my network to another. I currently have NeroHome on all the machines and it does the job brilliantly - but I would prefer to use Media Portal as i think it offers more functionality - and of course it's free ;). Is it possible to have Media Portal do this? I have seen that VLC can do it - but not in a user-friendly interface like Nero Home, which is what I am after.

Is this likely to be included in the release of MediaPortal 2 and when will it be available???

Thanks!

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Maybe you should have read the Wiki guide better :p

There is file to download. Inside is the setup for TV server as well as the setup for TV client plugin. If you want to be able to watch TV on the server too, install the plugin there as well. If you want to watch tv on another machine, install only the client on that other machine.

socngill

Portal Member
July 22, 2006
Plymouth, UK
Maybe you should have read the Wiki guide better :p

There is file to download. Inside is the setup for TV server as well as the setup for TV client plugin. If you want to be able to watch TV on the server too, install the plugin there as well. If you want to watch tv on another machine, install only the client on that other machine.

Many thanks! I was in work at the time and only skim read the Wiki article! I shall give it a go and see how I get on with it.

Thanks for all your help :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom