String replacements right settings ? (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Community,

i have a quest, for this look at the screens plz. Do i set this things right ? Because when i look at the filename nothing is changed when i set this up ? And when i click start wizard, he think bluray web dl are episode names, is this a problem ? And how do set this right that it works..

Attachments

• tv series und sb.PNG
      tv series und sb.PNG
      106.8 KB
    • ergebnis.PNG
      ergebnis.PNG
      62 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That is because there are rules above it taking place first.

720p is replaced with <empty>, so your "- 720p WEB-DL" is never used.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why i want to do this,is that i can use the images from the misc folder from streamedmp, that he show me in mepo what it is, bluray, web dl and so one.

OK, then i have to disable
    720p is replaced with <empty>
    that my setting is working ? But can it be that he did not rename the file but rather only processed internally for the data differently ?

Because i have look into mp and the images that i want to see are there, it must function well even though the name of the file remains the same.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You should be able to just use the logo rules for that, those rely on the mediainfo codec info that is stored in database.

For that to work, you need to have:

1. the logo rules activated via skinsettings.xml file (if memory serves me right on filename, check forum otherwise)
    2. logo images in the correct relative skin folder so they can be used
    3. mediainfo working correct so that MP-TVSeries database contains the correct info (u can simply verify via MP-TVSeries config and selecting an episode)

Check how the DefaultWide skin does it otherwise so u know it works. Might be as easy as configuring the right setting for StreamedMP or check their forum thread otherwise.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should be able to just use the logo rules for that, those rely on the mediainfo codec info that is stored in database.
    OK the logo rules works fine, but that he works right should look like this :: Series Name - S01E05.HDTV.mkv or someone else like this .WEB-DL.avi or .bluray.mkv

If I understood correctly mediainfo, then he scans the file for resolution audio and so on, but he can't scan the file for this additionals like hdtv, web dl, bluray, dvd-rip and so one and therefore must be in the name are

Then it works for me and streamedmp show's me the logos too.

But when sickbeard rename my episodes he can only add something like this :: Series Name - S01E10 - 720p WEB-DL.avi and with this format the logo rules did not work, because he ne .WEB-DL and so one...

Then I thought I can change this with the strings, that he delet - 720p WEB-DL and rename this to .WEB-DL.

This is all i want.I hope you understand this, im not the best in english.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Gotcha.

So does the rule you have apply towards the "filename" or towards "episode title"?

If it works towards filename you just have to adjust the rules to match.

If it is towards "Episode title", then you have to fix the filename string in such a way that the MP-TVSeries parsing expression will accept it as such.

The format of your files means the default filename expression will be used that I actually ended up helping on.

"Series Name - S01E10 - 720p WEB-DL.avi" will be processed by the string replacements that have "before" checked first, resulting in: "Series Name - S01E10 - WEB-DL.avi" (keep in mind the extra space before WEB-DL as the "720p" to <empty> default replacement does not account for the postfixed space)

1 = <Show> = "Series Name"​
    2 = <Season> = 01​
    3 = <Episode> = 10​
    4 = <Title> = "WEB-DL" (the default parsing expression is what ends up trimming the prefixed space(s))​

MP-TVSeries will then use 1+2+3 to find a match at TheTVdB and once a match is found it will get all the missing info. It will then also replace #4 with the real title.

This could explain problems if the logo rule is only applied on the 'end' episode title, versus like an ability of "original title". And once again none of this is an issue if you can apply the logo rule directly to the filename. I just do not know if the pseudo-SQL code has access to the database table/column that contains the filename info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom