Strings.XML easy manager (1 Viewer)

mediaportal-fr.com

Portal Member
September 18, 2004
France
Is there a new Editor for helping user to personalize there MediaPortal, but it's not so easy to edit a language, this editor will simplify this operation:

http://strings.xml.mp-fr.com/

so for all user you can chose a language and edit it then download the strings.xml (but it's not saved on the server)
for all forums admin (all countries) you can send me a mail at scubefr@gmail.com to get a translator acces and give you the rigth to modify the "strings.xml " on the server.

see u

Waltz

Portal Pro
December 14, 2004
Kiel, Germany
Well, this is a great tool, thanks!

But i just translated the missing words for the German strings.xml and made some other changes - and lost all my work when I clicked "Download", 'cause nothing happened and all my changes were gone... I don't think it's supposed to work this way? ;)

I'd love to get a translator access for translating the missing German parts, but I don't want to lose my work again ;)

- Waltz

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Translator access? There is no such official thing for Media Portal. If you change an xml, upload it to SourceForge to the patches section. That's the only way to get your strings into CVS.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mPod,

yes. But the download should work. And after that you can provide the new strings.xml in the patches section on Sourceforge. Unfortunatly the download does not seem to work :( (i did a test with IE and FF). I would like to see this page working, because it is much easier for translation...

Flip.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    mPod said:
    Translator access? There is no such official thing for Media Portal.

Well, mediaportal-fr.com mentions such an access in his posting, so I guess there is ;)
    But of course it would be enough for me if the download feature would work.

By the way, is this the strings.xml word list from the newest CVS?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Waltz,

as mPod already said. This is no official MP tool. You will have to ask the french people (email in first post) such things. :)

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom