Strip Artist Prefix (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi!

I installed the SVN of 15 October (and now 0.2.3.0 RC3) and noticed the "strip artist prefix" feature in the config. I was very pleased to see it as the list of artists under "The" was getting very long.

I completely rebuilt the music database with this item checked (having first deleted both the MusicDatabasev8.db3 and MusicDatabasev10.db3 files). I was expecting to then see "The Beatles" listed under "B" instead of "T". However, they're still under "T" in both the Artist and Album Artist lists.

On further investigation, I see that "The Beach Boys" are listed under both "Beach Boys" and "The Beach Boys" in Artist, but only under "The Beach Boys" in Album Artist. Also, the completely Beach Boys albums are not in the Artist list under "Beach Boys".

Perhaps the prefix is not being stripped on the Album Artist tag. (No Beatles songs exist on any compilation CDs in my collection, so they only appear under the Album Artist tag, and hence only under "The Beatles".)

Do you think this is the problem, or did I do something wrong?

Also, I wasn't expecting both "Beach Boys" and "The Beach Boys" to appear. Is this simply an effect of the problem above, or is it expected?

My ideal is to have "The Beach Boys" appear as the name in the lists, but sorted using "Beach Boys" so it appears only under "B".

Thanks again for the feature. Also, thanks for the improved database. Navigation is now much faster.

Alan.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm, this shouldn't be the case.
    at least on my test installation.

i'll install now RC3 on my productive HTPC and give it a try there.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tried now several times and it worked fine.
    i made some changes on how striping works.

please get the next public build and try again.

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Many thanks for looking into this. I will try the SVN in a few days (off on vacation today), and start again from scratch.

Alan.

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi! I'm back! I've installed the latest SVN and rebuilt the database again, and it now appears to be working as expected.

Many thanks.
    Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom