studdering,lockups and crashing in My TV only? (1 Viewer)

SnipesXxX

Portal Member
February 26, 2006
System:
XP 2000+
512mb PC2700
FX5200
PVR-150
Seagate 200gb 7200 SATA
MSI nForce 2 IGP mobo

Using Nvidia Purevideo on codecs and am using a ATI Wonder Remote

Problem is in My TV. It studders alot and pause for seconds while video TV guide or anything. It will sometime crash and lockup MP and I have to alt-ctrl-delete. Any idea why it's only doing it in My TV? Disabling time shifting seems to help some.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    you'll probably have to post using the support template. I know you have already listed your specs, but there are extra bits that would help. Most importantly is the version of MP you are using, along with any CVS updates.
    It would also be a good idea to look in the log files, especially error.log and mediaportal.log to see what is going on. If they shed no light, post the relevant bits here so we can look them over.

When you say that it crashes, do you mean the system freezes, blue screens or some other windows possibility? If a bSOD, what is the error code.

SnipesXxX

Portal Member
    February 26, 2006
    sorry I am a newb with stuff like this. But what is CVS updates? But I am using the latest version of MP thats on their site. It sometimes locks up completely and has BSOD a couple times which didn't give me a enough time to read the error. It BSOD and restart my whole system.

SnipesXxX

Portal Member
    February 26, 2006
    Is it possible this Remote Wonder is making the app seem slower then it really is? I know ATI Wonder software crashes while trying to use it in media portal and I have to exit and go back to desktop to reopen it.

I lost some functions with my remote wonder when I installed that. Does anyone know if the Firefly has better supports with MP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom