Stutter in Moving-Pictures - MP 1.4.0 (1 Viewer)

AxelSocial

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks RoChess for looking into it. I agree with you. It seems that the issue may be coming from MediaPortal 1.4.0 as I experienced no issues at all with MediaPortal 1.3.0 using standard settings.

Do I need to log a bug to the MediaPortal development team? Thanks

AxelSocial

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Home Country
Hello everyone

I decided to go back to MediaPortal 1.3.0 as it seems MediaPortal 1.4.0 is not working for me. After installing MediaPortal 1.3.0 including all my plugins, the issue that I experienced with 1.4.0 was gone. In addition, LAV filters and DVXA2 (native) worked fine. I did not need to install alternative codecs or make any changes to the default configuration of MediaPortal.

I can't say if it is a bug, my laptop or my configuration that is the issue. My log for MediaPortal 1.4.0 is available on this thread. I can supply the log for mediaPortal 1.3.0 if anyone wants to analyse the issue.

AxelSocial

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Home Country
I initially used the upgrade method from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0. I had many issues so I did a full uninstall of 1.3.0 and then a fresh clean install of 1.4.0.

When I went back to 1.3.0 from 1.4.0, i did a full uninstall of 1.4.0 and then a fresh install of 1.3.0. although I had backed-up my configuration of mediaportal using the backup plugin, I did not use it.

Last edited:

Bernard

Portal Pro
March 5, 2012
Centurion
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I decided to go back to MediaPortal 1.3.0 as it seems MediaPortal 1.4.0 is not working for me.

For what it is worth in the future if you try 1.4.0 again. I have tried to run MePo on a very old laptop and had to switch off everything that I did not need or could cause delays on the playback. I also had a very long delay when my video should start playback, but I see only a black screen then hear audio, then silence for a few seconds then the video would play catch up to the sound that continues again.

So far I managed to get rid off/or just reduce to a short 2 3 seconds the delay, by using "Frames" skin and disabling all unneeded plugins, but I'm wondering if disabling the "Video" plugin was not the important fix for the delay. I have not tested it. Switching to the "Frames" skin improved my skin response time considerably.

So my very unrelated suggestion would be to actually try a different skin, and to disable the "Video" plugin when you try 1.4.0 again and it still stutters.

AxelSocial

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Home Country
Thanks Bernard for this great feedback. When i am ready to upgrade to MePo 1.4.0 i will certainly try your suggestion.

If possible I would appreciate a list of what you switched off on you machine, especially Windows services. My PC only has MePo on it with plugins I use.

Bernard

Portal Pro
March 5, 2012
Centurion
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
If possible I would appreciate a list of what you switched off on you machine, especially Windows services. My PC only has MePo on it with plugins I use.

I didn't switch off any windows services. I only have the stock Windows XP x86 "Home" edition that came pre-installed on the laptop. Thought I did "restore to factory" before I installed MePo. So it is not a used Windows installation with all types of other software leftovers.

Also something else I just remember is that I had the "TV Server" installed (GUI client+service) since the laptop has a TV Card, but I have never used it, so I uninstalled that as well.

I haven't thought of disabling any windows services. If this is your plan you should remember about "ProcessExplorer". It can display the services that run under each svchost.exe instance, so this way you can see the ones that take up the most memory or CPU.

AxelSocial

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Home Country
I have not installed TV Server as the laptop I am using does not have a TV card. My installation is Windows 7 Enterprise.

Will check with "ProcessExplorer" if there is anything using too much CPU or memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom