Stuttering and pixelation on live tv (1 Viewer)

cundogg

Portal Member
September 29, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hello. I am having problems with live tv. I have set my laptop up as a client and running the tv server on my server. I think it has something to do with a codec or refresh rate. I recorded a programme and played it back on mediaportal to see if I still had the problem and it had the same stuttering and pixelation but when I played the same file through xbmc it played perfectly. I also can watch tv on xbmc with the mediaportal pvr plugin and it plays flawlessly everytime. I also have mediaportal set up on another htpc as a single seat installation and everything plays perfectly but I think thats because its a hdtv and not a laptop monitor. I have also tried all different kinds of settings with the integrated and switchable with dxva native, copy back, quick sync and none of them have worked. Laptop spec and logs below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Intel i5 3210m - HD 4000 integrated graphics
ATI 7730m - Switchable Graphics
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Mediaportal 1.6
Full HD Laptop Screen
6GB Ram

Attachments

• mediaportal codec.png
    mediaportal codec.png
    2 MB

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just from a quick view of the PNG the signal coming from the station is at 50hz (PAL?) and your HTPC is trying to play it at 60hz. You should look into using the Dynamic Refresh Rate changer to detect a 50hz signal and change the HTPC to match.

cundogg

Portal Member
September 29, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Sorry to avoid confusion let me explain. The single seat installation with my htpc is all working perfectly. I was just comparing it to the multi seat installation that isn't working. I have a dvb-s2 card in my server and one in my htpc. So the single seat installation in my htpc is working but the multi seat installation from laptop (client) to home server (tv server) isn't working. This is the one I need help with. The laptop screen as far as I know only supports 60hz and 40hz. The tv signal is PAL .

cundogg

Portal Member
September 29, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I think I fixed it. I deleted all the refresh rates that wasn't supported and it seems to be stable now. I will watch tv for a while and report back later if there are any more problems. Thanks for the help.

cundogg

Portal Member
September 29, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Happy to report that live tv has been stable now the last 4 hours. I had a feeling it was something simple like this. I must have overlooked it so if anyone has the same problems just make sure you remove the refresh rates that are not supported. It worked for me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom