Stuttering caused by tsreader / OnVideoFormatChanged (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    Have you changed anything? Till now i had no stuttering again and no such log entries.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Nope we're all out shopping :)

I saw that ambass has added new tswriter to svn so should be good or(works fine here)?

Regards
    Roy

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Just back from shopping ;)

I hope "OnVideoFormatChanged" definitely fixed.

ambass.

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I installed RC3 over the weekend and can report the following:
    1) The installer did not create the recordings and timeshift folders...not a big deal, but it did take a few minutes to track down.
    2)After watching live TV for 10 or 15 minutes the video and audio would freeze (black screen with no sound). This behavior was independent of channel, transmission type (QAM or Analog) or CODEC. Checking the MediaPortal.log file I found a number of OnVideoFormatChanged resolution changes taking place at the time of the freeze. I then replaced the TSReader.ax file with the one found earlier in this thread at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/1-0-rc3-svn-builds-289/27170d1223744678-stuttering-caused-tsreader-onvideoformatchanged-tsreader.zip This file change has stopped the freezing, however I have noticed another issue that I haven't noticed before. Most annoying is that there seems to be a timing distortion. On about a one or two second cycle rate the display frame rate seems to slow down and then speed up. (It is as if the frame rate is hunting with a several second average being correct, but the frame to frame rate being wrong. It is similar to an the behavior of an underdamped PLL) This was quite evident in a recorded piece where there were wind turbines in the image that all would speed up and then slow down at a periodic rate. Checking the file with VLC showed no such time distortion. It is also evident in other recordings such as where there is a news scroll across the bottom of the screen, though here it is less evident. I'll continue to quantify the time distortion, as I'm not sure whether it is coming out of TSReader or some where else. It doesn't seem to be CODEC dependent.
    Does this TSReader have the same feature of disabling frame discard as the version posted here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/general-talk-233/26884d1223210180-stuttering-livetv-tsreader.zip?
    I also believe that the MediaPortal client is using a somewhat larger amount of CPU time than it was in RC2, but I will have to do some comparisons to quantify this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom