[solved] Stuttering on live TV after upgrade to 64-bit OS (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I should mention that most of my tests were done before using the RAM disk though.
    These latest logs look quite different to the problem in the original post.
    Most important thing is to test with the configuration that you're going to use. So, if you're going to use a RAM disk then configure and enable it, and provide logs showing the problem when using it.

Should I make some new tests with mixed HD/SD channels?
    I think it could be useful.
    Also, tests with other media (videos) would be useful. Then we can confirm if the problem is confined to TV or a general problem with all video.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had the ViewModeSwitcher disabled at during most tests but in the resent tests I enabled it again mostly because I had it enabled in my 32-bit environment with no problems. I will try running MediaPortal in debug mode to see how that influences things.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I made three new log sets (all made with the MediaPortal WatchDog):
    1. HD TV: Contains viewing of 3 HD TV channels. First 2 channels were fine but last channel had some dropped frames.
    2. SD TV: Contains viewing of 3 SD TV channels. First 2 channels were fine but last channel had some dropped frames.
    3. HD Movies: Contains playback of 2 HD720 movies and 2 HD1080 movies. All were fine without stuttering.

Note: My Anti-virus was enabled again but the RAM disk is excluded from any scanning.

Whether I will use the RAM disk or not depends on what is necessary to make it run without stuttering. If a RAM disk is part of the solution, then that is fine by me.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did you ask about this anywhere else, like at the TV card manufacturer's help forums? Maybe it's a known issue with 64bit and too much physical RAM like in the case of with my Hauppauge card? Did you try the solution that worked for me, just to rule it out?

Emph

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe it's a known issue with 64bit and too much physical RAM like in the case of with my Hauppauge card?
    This kind of problem is very very rare with tuners. It is a known issue only with Hauppauge PVR cards. DD tuners don't have the problem.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    After trying many different things, I got the best result by setting LAV filters to DXVA Native from Intel QuickSync and disabling Refresh Rate Changer. There was still stuttering though, so it wasn't solved. The latest things I've done is update LAV filters and the Intel Graphics drivers, and now the stuttering seems to be gone. I even enabled the Refresh Rate Changer again but still no stuttering. Even the wife is happy again! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom