Stuttering (or tearing)-free TV (1 Viewer)

Artman

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Rotterdam, Netherlands
I took me some time to finally get rid of the stuttering or tearing (is it tearing?) when watching TV. It really drove me crazy. But now I've a solution that worked for me so I hope some other people also can take advantage of these tips:

When updating to a new version of MP your database setting are being saved so you don't have to reorder your channels again. Here I think is the problem.
Because after deleting the TVDatabaseV12.db file which can be found in the database folder I can watch TV without stuttering. MP will make a new TVDatabaseV12.db file and you have to reorder your channels. This is a time-demanding job but everything is better than stuttering TV!

So get rid of this file, reorder and hopefully you will now get the most out of MP. It worked fine for me.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Normally it´s enough to delete all TV and radio channels inside the configuration.exe. Then press OK, reopen the config and rescan and reorder.

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Since today I had stuttering picture in my TV with overlay. I upgraded the Catalyst drivers to Version 5.2 yesterday so I supposed the problem there.

After installing the new driver there were missing some registry settings for dxva. Some time ago I found a tip to enable dxva for ati radeon cards.

Here it is:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\DirectX VA]
"DXVA"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ati2mtag\Device0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\ati2mtag\Device0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ati2mtag\Device0]

What to do with it?

1. Copy the code to a plain text file and rename it to "dxva_on.reg".
2. Double click on the file in explorer to write the setting to the registry.
3. Make a reboot. (Perhaps it works without it, I didn't try.)
4. Have a look a the cpu usage when watching my TV or recorded shows. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom