Stuttering problem (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, I misread. I can help you out though. Smart is for movies (pulldown and such). Automatic decides whether it is a movie or tv, and video just assumes video. As such, Automatic is your best choice

DogBoy1169

Portal Member
    August 17, 2006
    Australia
    Hi all,
    Quick summary of my issue, and solution!
    ISSUE: I decided to (finally) upgrade my hard drive on my MP PC. After rebuilding from scratch, I had a re-occurence of an issue I had "resolved" some months back, that being on one single channel (channel 10 for the Aussies) I would always get stutter whenever I tried to record from this channel (or switched on time shift for this channel).
    RESOLUTION: after much rooting around, including comparing my various device driver details in my old config (still installed on smaller working hard drive) to my new config (on nice new hard drive) I was able to ascertain that the issue was replicable outside MP using the TV card software (DVICO FusionTV). I therefore uninstalled the version I had used (being latest and greatest 3.62) and installed the original version that came with the card (3.40.1). PRESTO - no more stutter.

Hopefully this helps someone.

EDIT: since then, I discovered the thread about DVICO drivers (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/new_dvico_3_60_drivers-t20175.html) and now have it happily running 3.60 Fusion drivers. And just for fun, I'll give TV3 a try next I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom