Stuttering videos (1 Viewer)

alexander fitu

August 9, 2012
Home Country
England England
Hi all

A couple of issues,

Firstly, videos on Demand5, 4OD and ITV player are playing but stuttering badly. I have tried pausing it to let it "buffer" in the background but no response. If I set the videos to download and play them back, they play correctly! This does not happen with BBC Iplayer, so im wondering if they all share the same video codec/format?

let me know if you require logs to look into this further.

Second issue, occasinally videos show "unable to play: no url", I have looked through the faq and have updated filters (currently have Saf 6.0.2 installed) and have re-registered ax file with no successs. Specicially one its doing it on is the latest espidode of the only way is essex on ITV player, It plays correctly on the ITV website.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, online videos plugin is really amazing!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    If possible, attach all logs from MP. But at least attach OnlineVideos.log and MPUrlSourceSplitter.log.

alexander fitu

August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    England England
    Attached,

Latest version 1.2.3 of media portal, and latest release of onlinevideos plugin.

Process to generate this, start media portal,go to online videos, perform automatic update, go to itv player, then itv2, then try and play "the only way is essex" get no url error.

Then go to 4od and then to all shows, then 10 years younger, then bernie sharp, item plays, but stutters constantly, stop, then exit media portal.

Thanks for your assistance.[DOUBLEPOST=1344952275][/DOUBLEPOST]Also running the latest version of SAV filters.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    ITV player returns invalid url, maybe you should report ITV as broken site directly from OV. In 4OD I see that H264 video is used, but you don't use HW accelerated video decoder. I recommed to use HW accelerated decoder as ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder or LAV Video decoder (with enabled HW acceleration). Also problem can be in speed of your network connection, you received too small amount of data.

alexander fitu

August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    England England
    Bingo! Sorted in the first shot! Wierd, as it stopped working without me changing anything, but using the LAV Video Decover with HW acceleration sorted it, many thanks.

With regards to the ITV issue, it seems to be only on that video, I have noticed only appears to be on one episode, all other ones seem to work fine, including newer ones, so im wondering if ITV did something odd to that one. Oh well, thanks for your help!

alexander fitu

August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    England England
    Spoke too soon, same issue. I have a 40 meg connection and it works without issues streaming from the website, any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom