[further infos missing] Stuttery UI behaviour when in focus, super fast outside focus. (1 Viewer)

Mr Whippy

Portal Member
June 18, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.1

Description
I've run MP2 on a few machines as client/server and just client, and it's UI is really fast.

Sweeping the mouse around, pressing a button on the mouse and getting an instant reaction etc.

However on my Win7 machine (multi-displays and GPUs, although all displays are on one GPU), MP2 is really slow in the UI.

If I sweep the mouse around over buttons in menus, they often don't get 'hit' with the rollover action, and if I press a button it may often be missed.
Sweeping up/down the menu in settings, I'll be lucky if I can get one entry to highlight.

However, if I just select my internet browser window with MP2 in the background, and then sweep around the menu, the reaction/response is instant on roll-overs etc.

I've tried duplicate displays and disabling a display (I've not yet tried booting without a 2nd display/GPU to test), but I've not had any luck in making this issue go away.
I've also forced MP2 to use a specific display as it's primary one, but no luck there either.

Is there any known issue for this? Or a setting somewhere?

Clearly MP2 is running like a rocket on my machine, but only in the background haha.

Thanks

Dave

Steps to Reproduce:
Install MP2 and enjoy the laggy UI. Put to the background, but interface with UI, and it's nice and fast.

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
August 12, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
THIS ^^^^^

I had MediaPortal 2.2.1 installed on my machine for months working fine. I ran sysprep to move my system to new hardware. Low and behold I have this EXACT same behavior. I have uninstalled MP2, reinstalled to no avail. Problem persists.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try the render stats:
    • Press F10 to show render stats as overlay. Take screenshots when focused and not focused
    • Press F11 to switch between "default", "VSYNC" and "Max Performance" mode. Does it make a difference? Also take screenshots and post them here

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
    August 12, 2019
    Home Country
    As requested. No change though. The interface is still laggy and unusable when focused and normal when not focused. I've tried different themes as well.

Attachments

• NotFocused.png
      NotFocused.png
      834.3 KB
    • Focused-Default.png
      Focused-Default.png
      997.1 KB
    • Focused-VSync.png
      Focused-VSync.png
      911.4 KB
    • Focused-MaxPerformance.png
      Focused-MaxPerformance.png
      865.7 KB
    Last edited:

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
    August 12, 2019
    Home Country
    Digging a little deeper using Process Explorer, I found that the MP2-Client.exe thread state is set as Wait: Suspended when the window is focus and stuttery and unusable. When it is not focused the thread state is set as Wait:WrUserRequest. On all of other working computers, the state is always set as Wait:WrUserRequest whether focus or not focused.

Now we just have to figure out why it's being suspended when we activate or focus the window.

Attachments

• Focused.png
      Focused.png
      26.7 KB
    • Not-Focused.png
      Not-Focused.png
      26.7 KB

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
    August 12, 2019
    Home Country
    I decided to just completely reinstall Windows 10 because I couldn't find anything else giving me clues as to why this is happening. Well amazingly, it still doesn't work correctly on a fresh install of Windows 10. That means it has to be something with the hardware or drivers right? Any help out there? Hello? Is this thing on?

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
    August 12, 2019
    Home Country
    Please try the render stats:
    • Press F10 to show render stats as overlay. Take screenshots when focused and not focused
    • Press F11 to switch between "default", "VSYNC" and "Max Performance" mode. Does it make a difference? Also take screenshots and post them here

Not sure if you saw my replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I decided to just completely reinstall Windows 10 because I couldn't find anything else giving me clues as to why this is happening. Well amazingly, it still doesn't work correctly on a fresh install of Windows 10. That means it has to be something with the hardware or drivers right? Any help out there? Hello? Is this thing on?
    I think it’s a driver issue of your graphic card. Is it a AMD or Intel processor? Have you tried to install another driver?

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
    August 12, 2019
    Home Country
    I think it’s a driver issue of your graphic card. Is it a AMD or Intel processor? Have you tried to install another driver?

It's an AMD GPU, I think I did try a newer driver. I didn't try an older driver though. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. I moved on to MediaPortal 1 in the meantime and it works fine.. Gotta say I prefer MediaPortal 2 though, so I still want to figure this out.

ThePaulGuy

Portal Member
    August 12, 2019
    Home Country
    Downgraded Driver to about 3 months ago. That would have been what I was using on my system before upgrading Mobo + CPU + Memory. No change.
    Also, used the AMD Cleanup Utility to completely remove Radeon drivers and used Microsoft basic video driver. No change. Any other ideals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom