Sub/Center in upmix Stereo to 5.1 7.1 is the wrong way... (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version: 1.0Final
MediaPortal Version: 1.0Final
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Vista Premium
CPU Type: Quad Core 9550+
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 80GB + 1000GB
Memory: 2 x 2GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM-DH2
Video Card: Onboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3: HDMI, Optical, traditional
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: WinTV HVR 2200
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Okay... I don't know if this is a bug but I believe that in the Mediaportal Control panel "Music/Player Settings/Upmix Stereo to 5.1 7.1" should have the option to reverse the "Sub/Centre speaker"

You see for me to make the system sound right in 5.1 (eg. vocals in center speaker) I need to flip the "Center/Sub" settings on my Realtek control panel... This has a whole host of problems though as I then I need to re-arrange my mixer in ffdShow aswell, as I use Dolby Pro Logic II in ffdShow...

So what I propose is adding this option to switch Sub/Center... I wouldn't be surprised if it just happens to be the wrong way after all and that no one might have noticed.. Thanks... :D

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I use ffdShow for movies and pretty much any thing else... It is simply the internal BASS player that seems to have the center/sub the wrong way round... Moives is completely reliant on specific codecs in use...

Is there any actual developers out there that could look at this, this is a small problem, but quite annoying for any one who uses 5.1.. or 7.1... Thanks

tangmonster

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
cape town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Sound Card AC3: HDMI, Optical, traditional

which of those 3 are you using for movies?
and which of those 3 for music?

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Dude not being rude but what difference does it make...

For music, movies and well any thing that makes a noise comes out of my traditional analogue mini-jacks..

My motherboard is the Gigabyte MA78GM-D2H revision 2... This board has HDMI, Optical and traditional audo..

tangmonster

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
cape town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Dude , it makes a WORLD of difference. If you don't understand that , then you are going to have trouble correcting your problem.

I also only use the 5.1 analogue outputs.
And mine works just perfect for avi's dvd's and music upmixed or stereo. So obviously somewhere in your sound card/ffdshow setup you have it set up incorrectly.
OR there is a problem/ wrong setting somewhere with your sound card driver/application.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hold on... You do understand the Bass Engine is seperate to ffdShow and other codec componenets...?

The Bass engine is what I am using for the 5.1 Audo Up-mixing...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That works correctly for me also, using creative audigy4.

But I have had things go foobar on the driver when the above happens, but it did it for all files video\audio, reinstalling the driver resolved, whether it could just affect one application, possibly, may be how it outputs the sound to the driver, or be a certain frequency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom