Subcentral and MP 1.23 (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    don't know yet, haven't dug into the code that deep.
    What I do know, or at least have a strong guess at, is that subcentral is more a gui/wrapper/etc around the subtitledownloader. So probably that is worth a try to see if it works there

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I saw that podnapisi indeed has a severe enough error to generate an exception.
    So that's probably the cause of the errors.

And do you guys think it's tested enough to do a release? Only 14 downloads of the dll so far, so that is quite a small number. But then again, it could be that most people can't find this thread?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I saw that podnapisi indeed has a severe enough error to generate an exception.
    So that's probably the cause of the errors.

And do you guys think it's tested enough to do a release? Only 14 downloads of the dll so far, so that is quite a small number. But then again, it could be that most people can't find this thread?
    Because of the holidays I could test it only for two days, but so far no problems.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    It still crashes to desktop when searching on a single provider (in this case Subscene) that throws an exception:

Code:
    Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Delegate, System.Object[], Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(System.Delegate, System.Object[])
       at SubCentral.GUI.Retriever.SearchSubtitlesAsync(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

However if I do a search on a group of providers that includes the offending one, it does not crash to desktop and the exception is logged in "subcentral.log"

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    If I guess, maybe like fischy667 says it is holidays and also that the threads here at SubCentral have been cold for a year so users have abandoned the place (like I did). But I still use SubCentral every day, even if today only Opensubtitles, TVsubtitles and maybe a few more work, so if possible I would really love to get also Podnapisi and SubScene to work again as they often have hits.
    If you release the DLL maybe more people will wake up :) I guess that also DialogNotify.xml from ajs need to be released for those that use Titan

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, will do one of these days.
    Can you do me a favor and check which versions of the subtitledownloader,dll you have?

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    If it is these you mean (hmm, don't see Podnapisi or SubScene there)
    SBHD212.png

If I right click - choose Properties - Tab Details, I get these File Version and Product Version
    • ItalianSubs.dll 1.0.1.0
    • SeriesSub.dll 1.0.0.1
    • SousTitresEU.dll 1.2.0.0
    • Sratim.dll 2.2.2.100
    • SubCenterOrg.dll 2.2.2.100
    • Subsfactory.dll 1.0.0.2
    • Titlovi.com.dll 0.1.0.0
    • TitulkyCom.dll 1.1.1.0

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok, i wasn't exacly clear (didn't have my coffee yet :) )
    I meant the version of subtitledownloader.dll (in the programfiles\mediaportal folder itself, not one of the plugin folders)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom