Subsonic plugin for Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Blackburn,

Are you still working on this?

Just tried it out and its working well. Im using the streamedmp skin and all im getting is the folder structure which works fine, but it would be nice with some album art etc.

regards
    Jacob

First thanks for testing it out in such an early state!

I'm definitely working on this, only time is a bit of a problem at this moment.
    But keep an eye on this thread or github.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Blackburn,

Are you still working on this?

Just tried it out and its working well. Im using the streamedmp skin and all im getting is the folder structure which works fine, but it would be nice with some album art etc.

regards
    Jacob

First thanks for testing it out in such an early state!

I'm definitely working on this, only time is a bit of a problem at this moment.
    But keep an eye on this thread or github.

Will do. Also, it would be great if you would support the Streamedmp skin.

regards
    Jacob

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    A few months ago I discoverd Subsonic, a great tool to stream music and even video.
    The only thing I was missing was a Mediaportal plugin, which can connect to various subsonic servers (i.e. those of some friends).

So I started to develop a plugin for it, the very first results are pretty satisfying, at least for me, it's a while ago that I coded and the first time I do it for MediaPortal.

The first results can be found at: https://github.com/BlackBurn83/MPSubsonic
    Just copy the dll to the plugin (window) folder and copy the skin xml file to the skin folder and you're ready to go.

If you have ideas, suggestions or want to offer help (especially for the skinning part:p), please let me know.

Keep in mind that it is a very first version.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I've been hoping for a SubSonic plug ion for some time!! I'll def be installing this tonight when i get home.

Thanks again!

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    HI,
    I have tried this a bit now and found a couple of issues:
    - if one removes the start screen in subsonic, no results are given back (empty play-list). Is it expecting a response from the start-screen of subsonic?
    - if I use https, it seems to not be working (can't even authenticate), not even if I redirect from port 4040 to https...

Great idea tough. I use subsonic as THE mediaplayer on all my devices at home, except for the TVs...
    ...I even plan to buy a pair cheap android-"pads" to use as "radios" and remote controls in my house. A simple pad for about $130 is still cheaper than an Internet radio and is supporting uPnP for music and video control. All one needs is an amplifier and speakers...

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HI,
    I have tried this a bit now and found a couple of issues:
    - if one removes the start screen in subsonic, no results are given back (empty play-list). Is it expecting a response from the start-screen of subsonic?
    - if I use https, it seems to not be working (can't even authenticate), not even if I redirect from port 4040 to https...

Great idea tough. I use subsonic as THE mediaplayer on all my devices at home, except for the TVs...
    ...I even plan to buy a pair cheap android-"pads" to use as "radios" and remote controls in my house. A simple pad for about $130 is still cheaper than an Internet radio and is supporting uPnP for music and video control. All one needs is an amplifier and speakers...

Sorry for the late reply.

Can you be a bit more specific with the first problem?

HTTPS should work, I use HTTPS on the reverse proxy and it is working fine, so I'm very curious which can cause this problem. If you have a selfsigned certificate I can imagine that you have to add this certificate to the "trusted certificate authorities". Can you otherwise provide me a link and a temporarily username/password so I can test?

Yesterday I picked the project back up to start with the playlist, so hopefully I can provide a better plugin in the beginning of 2012. (keep an eye on Github).

Merry x-mas :)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is some news, but not that great I'm afraid.

I'm still working on it, but it is a bit harder then I thought the back-end (communication) with the Subsonic server is working perfectly, unfortunately the front-end skinning and creating play-list etc. is difficult, at least for me :)

I'm taking a peek at the youtube.fm plug-in to gain some experience, so please hold on, there will be a subsonic plugin eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom