Subtitle for DVB-s/-t/-c ? (1 Viewer)

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
June 17, 2005
Home Country
Finland Finland
I would really like to see this feature in MP, too! There's no software that support DVB Subtitles for Windows. It should be time to get one.

T

Trumgottist

Hi, everybody! I hope you'll excuse a newbie if I ask stupid questions, but I did search around before I now post this, ...

I'm another one being very interested in DVB-T subtitles. Is someone currently working on it? Can I do anything to help? (I'm no professional programmer, but I have been doing some programming - or if there's anything else I can do to help...) If so, how?

oil

Portal Member
April 1, 2005
Jyväskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Trumgottist said:
Hi, everybody! I hope you'll excuse a newbie if I ask stupid questions, but I did search around before I now post this, ...

I'm another one being very interested in DVB-T subtitles. Is someone currently working on it? Can I do anything to help? (I'm no professional programmer, but I have been doing some programming - or if there's anything else I can do to help...) If so, how?
I have been looking around for a while to understand how these subtitles are usualy done. But not yet programing anything. Next I will look how these MP plugins are done. With my current speed it will take at least 6 months to get someting ready. So if some one (more skilled) is realy doing someting with subtitles I also will be intrested.

kurdt

Portal Member
August 14, 2005
Is this going anywhere? I've same problem than other people here who are from Finland that with DVB-subtitle feature missing, MP is kinda useless as TV program 'cause you can't see subtitles. I'm more than happy to participate as tester if someone has time to try and code this feature..

Canal+ is going to start HD channel on 1.9 and they'll use DVB-subtitles also...

T

ts4053

Re: DVB Subtitles

Agree said:
The next time there will be no support for DVB-Subtitle streams. There are only a handfull on hotbird so i dont think i make support for that. I saw there are many channels on Thor supporting it, but i cant receive those channels.
May be it changes some day...

greets

I have been working with subtitles and I'm happy to send you some TS-file with subtitles if that would help you. What is current status of subtitles? Is the problem in decoding of subtitles or getting correct subtitle stream?

-ts4053-

DranDane

Portal Member
March 26, 2007
Hi!

Hmmm. Yes that may be importent for u.

But first the things that are importent for _all_ users have to run stable and usable (teletext,audioselection,epg,etc,etc). DVB-Subtitles are not done in a rainy sunday afternoon...They will come but i cant say when!

greets
agree

False. I think that users that are looking for teletext, audioselection, epg, etc, etc will simply use their TV. If you are looking for a PC based media reader it's to use it with other technologies than teletext and DVD.

Be able to read a divx or bivx with a subtitle file is something than a simple DVD recorder can't do and something than a media player should be able to do. I dont see the interest of media portal if it do the same things than my DVD recorder.

Same problem with the RSS, podcast, videocast and direct web stream. It's somethink that Mediaportal should be able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom