SubtitleDownloader (2 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Since some legal issues surfaced in The Netherlands with subtitles, the BierDopje.com website no longer hosts them. Maybe an idea to remove it from the plugin in a future release until a new successor comes along?

Yes this was already suggested in SubCentral thread

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    When I search for subs lately I often get an error like this:

SubCentralGUI]: Error while retrieving subtitles
    System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    at SubCentral.GUI.Retriever.OnBeforeCompleted(List`1 allResults)
    at SubCentral.GUI.Retriever.SearchSubtitlesAsync(Object mediaDetailObj)

Is this something you can look into or do we/ I have to live with it?

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Please test the attached version to fix System.IO.PathTooLongException problem

Test PODNAPISI ONLY and report all strange behavior in this thread with FULL DEBUG LOGS

Attachments

• SubtitleDownloader-3.0.12.0.mpe1
      324.6 KB

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey seco, are you aware of site with subtitle searching api http://www.api.subtitleseeker.com/ ?
    Is it of any use for MP?
    Also what about support of addic7ed.com?
    Thx!
    In regards to the api.subtitleseeker.com i cannot comment, but in page 26 of this thread it was mentioned addic7ed doesn't have a api and is therefor hard to implement. On the same page can be read the subtitles are availiable most of the time on other sites as well.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Test PODNAPISI ONLY and report all strange behavior in this thread with FULL DEBUG LOGS

So far no error messages! :D Oh, and no crashing on Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. either. :) However, I entered Configuration and removed all providers but Podnapsi, but It appears in MePo that there are 5 providers enabled when I do a search?

Only Podnapsi results are shown though, so I'm not really sure what's going on.
    Emph

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

So far no error messages! :D Oh, and no crashing on Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. either. :) However, I entered Configuration and removed all providers but Podnapsi, but It appears in MePo that there are 5 providers enabled when I do a search?

Only Podnapsi results are shown though, so I'm not really sure what's going on.
    Emph

Please post full logs, configuration file (SubCentral.xml or similar) and screenshots

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, it appears that I hadn't clicked "Save" while turning off the other four providers I normally use, just the red X on the config window. :oops: I'll post full logs, screens and configuration file should I run into something in the future though.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom