SubtitleDownloader (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

since a week or so i cannot download any subs from bierdopje.com. It used to work very good, i still can download from other sources (but they don't have dutch subs). I tried with xbmc and it can still download from bierdopje. So it is specific to SubtitleDownloader and SubCentral. I am using MP 1.2 with Subcentral 1.1.2 and subtitledownloader 3.0.5.

I really need all the logs and more detailed steps to reproduce the problem and more info what is happening. "Cannot download" does not tell much.

Everything is working fine here.

J-J

Portal Member
    September 6, 2010
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

since a week or so i cannot download any subs from bierdopje.com. It used to work very good, i still can download from other sources (but they don't have dutch subs). I tried with xbmc and it can still download from bierdopje. So it is specific to SubtitleDownloader and SubCentral. I am using MP 1.2 with Subcentral 1.1.2 and subtitledownloader 3.0.5.

I have the same problem with Bierdopje.
    It works for shows that consist of 1 word, as Homeland, Haven,..., it doesn't work for shows with multiple words, as Hell on wheels, Revolution 2012, Hawaii Five-0 2010,...
    Also since Bierdopje move to a new server I get more false (wrong show) results when searching.

I really need all the logs and more detailed steps to reproduce the problem and more info what is happening. "Cannot download" does not tell much.

Everything is working fine here.

I included a full log in attachment.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bierdopje is broken again. Is it right that this plugin uses a common IP to retrieve the subtitles and not our own IP? Bierdopje started to block IP adresses with more then x requests. It's only allowed to do 250 a day now. Enough for one IP (user), but ofcourse not when every MediaPortal user connects to Bierdopje's API via the same IP adress.

Fix? :) Not an easy one I guess..

Here is the info: http://www.bierdopje.com/forum/alge.../11754--Proef--API-Throttling-rate-limit/last

edit:
    XXX

Probably, they will change this.. because this is just silly. The limit on using the API is just a test they say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galaphile

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same Bierdopje issue here,
    And perhaps some caching could be done so the API does not get bashed by us. The name/id info is static so perhaps this info could be checked in a local cache first before asking bierdopje.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I've said this before but the Bierdopje API does not make sense to me.

From what I'm looking here is that there is and never has been a way to search subtitles by making a single query like Search(showname, seasonnumber, episodenumber). Then they wonder why there are so many requests to their API? Suggesting "caching" as a solution for every single client that uses the API is not the right way.

EDIT: Since there seems to be Dutch users here it would be nice if someone would try to explain this on Bierdopje forum thread. I honestly think that the API needs changes, not restrictions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom