Subtitles and dxva | Page 5

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by André, April 3, 2008.

1. ronzelver
    • Premium Supporter

ronzelver MP Donator

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would really like this feature and it seems that you are already on the right track to get this done :)
    Many, many :D in advance!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrOrsh

MrOrsh Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has there been any progress on this? I´m currently being rather frustrated that I cannot watch my MKV:s with subtitles.
    I would love it if someone did this. Would help if I could, unfortainly I don´t know much about codning :(

4. Klapperman
    • Premium Supporter

Klapperman MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yup, I'm also curious if any progress has been made.

5. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
  6. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Any progress on this area? I think it there is a small shortcut that you could take

SourceForge.net Repository - [mpc-hc] Index of /trunk/src/filters/transform/vsfilter

Just modify that filter so that its not using the first input pin (video stream) to anything and add a separate output pin that would be used to send the alpha blend subtitle picture to the VMR9/EVR input pin.

That way the workload is much smaller, as all the subtitle decoding etc. are already handled by the vsfilter (no need for testing and implementing...).

7. magnetism

magnetism Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually,I tried something different. I quickly setup a source filter, using the microsoft excamples to output a transparent image and connected that to DirectVobSub. So you'd have

SourceFilter -> VobSub -> VMRMixer
    Haali->Video Decoder -> VMRMixer

That way, dxva keeps working. I Had to hack VSFilter somewhat to make it deal with transparent blitting etc. But that all seems to work now. The only problem is that the subtitles aren't in sync.
    That, and of course you'd have to setup the sourcefilter somehow to output the correct image size and framerates I guess. Then you'd have to rewrite the MP bits that deal with subtitle filters and make sure VMR works etc etc.
    I'll maybe spend some more time on this later, although to be honest my HTPC has been able to play anything I've thrown at it without dxva so the priority isn't great..

Anyway, just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

8. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    With VMR9 and EVR you aren't able to use normal alpha channel that the video renderer has, so the idea is not going to work :)

9. magnetism

magnetism Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ? I'm not sure what you mean by that? I tried it in graphedit and the alpha thing did work, blending the subtitles over the movie.

10. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    But did you try it with EVR or VMR9 (with YUV mixing mode enabled, not sure if this can be enabled in GraphEdit) as video renderers?

11. magnetism

magnetism Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used the Video Mixing Renderer 9 to test this. Needed the mixing renderer to support input from multiple pins, one movie and one subtitles. That did work. To be honest I've not checked the complete graph pins to check output though. I do know the movie was YUV, I double checked the output of the VobSub filter and it's mediatype was ARGB32.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!