Subtitles reset when skipping in video (1 Viewer)

dohlm

August 11, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0

Hi.
I've been using MP for quite a while, most notably the MP-TVSeries plugin, and it's been working swell up until very recently.
I don't know if I've mistakenly triggered some kind of setting or what it is but now, whenever I either skip in video (fast forward / rewind) or resume playing after stopping, the subtitles are reset from the beginning instead of also skipping. As you can imagine this is rather annoying.

It started when I was using 1.1.1.0 so I tried upgrading to 1.1.3.0 but no luck. I aslo tried changing from MPC-HC to DirectVobSub but that did not help either (which I didn't expect). I have tried searching for similar problems but found nothing helpful.

Have anyone seen or heard of something similar? Have I triggered some setting or something? My final resort is to uninstall/reinstall MP but I thought I'd try the forum first.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers,
-- Daniel

jjnaude

Portal Member
April 16, 2007
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Got the same problem. Thought it was related to 1.1.3 since mine started at the same time as my upgrade to 1.1.3 but apparently not. Only other thing that I changed was to get the new divx codecs. You?

dohlm

August 11, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, I upgraded the DivX codecs as well and I think that might be related.
I uninstalled all my codes as well as MediaPortal and then reinstalled only the one's that I'm actually using and the subtitles started working again.
My advice: don't use DivX unless you absolutely must; I'm only using ffdshow now since I don't watch .MKV stuff. If I would, I'd probably use Haali Media Splitter.

Try it out and see if it solves your problem as well.
Cheers,

-- Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom