Successful MP1 Installment challenging behaviors from configuration to TV Server on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

showmedia

Portal Member
August 24, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After MP1 installment, the next step was to challenge behavior of the software with a "duel" tv tuner with screen watch & record plus drivers.
I just about got wrangled to keep my Hauppauge WinTV 10 Tuner, to stay scanned of channels, until I found MP1's (manual control) to ("stop") the tv server
from (jamming) the view screen "blank" of pre-scanned channels, to keep using MP1 & WinTV 10 Tuner together.
The next step is to find compatible plugins for radio & news feeds, for the US North East region that work.
Any suggestions from team portal will be helpful.

Attachments

• WinTV 10, with MP Service STARTED    Manual Control.PNG
    WinTV 10, with MP Service STARTED Manual Control.PNG
    10.1 KB
  • WinTV 10, with MP Service  STOPPED   Manual Control.PNG
    WinTV 10, with MP Service STOPPED Manual Control.PNG
    326.6 KB
  • 1-MediaPortal 1-    Configuration for Video Register-Pt1.PNG
    1-MediaPortal 1- Configuration for Video Register-Pt1.PNG
    34 KB
  • 48 Duel Tuner Scan Channels     8-27-21.PNG
    48 Duel Tuner Scan Channels 8-27-21.PNG
    37.3 KB
  • 4-MediaPortal 1- Configuration for TV Register Plugins Online.PNG
    4-MediaPortal 1- Configuration for TV Register Plugins Online.PNG
    67.4 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    until I found MP1's (manual control) to ("stop") the tv server from (jamming) the view screen "blank" of pre-scanned channels, to keep using MP1 & WinTV 10 Tuner together.
    You cannot use both the "Win TV" application and MediaPortal at the same time, as they will fight over access to the tuners. You must disable or uninstall one of these applications so that the other application can access the tuners.

The screen shot when scanning for channels shows zero signal strength. Possibly the "Win TV" application was preventing MediaPortal accessing the tuners.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

showmedia

Portal Member
    August 24, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You cannot use both the "Win TV" application and MediaPortal at the same time, as they will fight over access to the tuners. You must disable or uninstall one of these applications so that the other application can access the tuners.

The screen shot when scanning for channels shows zero signal strength. Possibly the "Win TV" application was preventing MediaPortal accessing the tuners.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can be used.
    So far no-problems with stop & start MP1's TV server, when trying to use WinTV 10 tv screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom