Successfully upgraded to Windows 8.. some tips. (1 Viewer)

gurk

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Thanks, which PCIe TV-card is known to work well with W8 64bit?

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Windows 8 for sure!, with me it runs pretty well the last 3 to 4 months, after a complete clean installation of Windows 8.. The upgrade I had done from windows 7 to 8 did work ok in the beginning but it seemed to get worse after each reboot..

But once I reformatted the C-drive and did a clean re-installation of windows 8 and Mediaportal from scratch, it has been working pretty good. I use it single seat mainly to watch HD TV via cable and a movie now and then from the hard drive, I do not do any scheduling as I do not seem to get that working at all (also not in win 7 and previous versions of mediaportal) Sometimes I need to restart the TV service before starting MP to be able to watch TV, but that is just now and then, most of the time it just works.

Note that my system is not top of the bill, motherboard, CPU, RAM and 500Gb hard drive are from 2007! only the graphics card has been upgraded to something smoother. But my system has never been so snappy and smooth as it is right now. Went from XP to vista(that was bad!) to win7 and now win8

Nice of windows 8 is that with the Modern (Metro) Tile Start screen, you can navigate with the Microsoft remote controller and use the green button to start Mediaportal, or click on the Mediaportal tile. no need for a mouse or keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom