Sudden crashing after months of flawless use (1 Viewer)

hucknallred

Portal Pro
February 21, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
Came down this morning to find MP playing up, not responding to menus etc. Had to force a logout to get it to restart. On restart it went straight to showing live TV from Channel 4 HD, manually tuned to BBC1 HD (Pressed 1 on remote) played for a few seconds & crashed. Killed MP & restarted, process repeated 3 times. Did a rebbot between 1 crash. Had to leave for work at that point.
I'm running 1.2.3 & Argus TV server.

Logs are attached, hope someone can help, otherwise a rebuild :(

Edit, just had a quick scan of the logs, getting system out of memory errors. :confused:

Last edited:

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It looks like the MP TV Series database is corrupt.

C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3

take a backup of it and delete it from the folder and see if that cures the problem. As for getting the data contained in it back again, you need a bit of luck (or advice from someone else:)).

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    OK, not an insurmountable problem. I can just remove the plugin delete & reinstall. MP-TV should just get all the data again when reinstalled, as the folders with the series on are still there.

I just remoted in & ran MP in window mode with task manager running, it just kept consuming memory up to 1.7Gb & then fell over.
    Will report back. Thanks.

hucknallred

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    That did the trick, database removed, then rebuilt from MP-TV config.

Cheers!

9ler

Portal Member
    April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yep delete the database (make a backup just in case) and mptv-series runs with out the mem error.
    Worked for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom