Sudden loss of connection to MYSQL (1 Viewer)

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have had this problem before and re-installation of everything has been the only way to fix but I can't do that right now!

This morning everything worked fine and TV was working through a client. Some time while I was out today, this all changed:

I get the prompt for connecting to TV MySql and when I click test, I get a failed to connect "Connection failed" notice and nothing more.

There seems to be a lot of hard drive activity as well, more than usual.

The only thing that I can find is an update to the Security Essentials definitions which I think resulted in an auto re-start today.

I tried dropping the DB, no luck. Complete re-install (alpha version), still nothing.

I can connect to the DB through apache server, and mysql Admin. This all works fine.

No up-time so nothing in the logs at all.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Chris

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    It is too early to confirm, but I think I have it working. I created a new user in mysql for MP and it can now connect with this.
    I think it could be a privilages issue in MYSQL but don't know for sure.

Chris

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Just a follow-up:

I found after getting MP back up and running that one of my tuners (Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT) no longer found any channels. I have had intermittent issues with this card from the start but have been using it without issues for a year or so now.

I think that perhaps this card bombed out in some way and could have been the trigger for what happened. I have abandoned it for now.

I would still like to know what happened to stop MP from connecting to the DB without affecting any other part of the system. This has now happened at least 4 times with 3 different PC builds. The current one only had TV tuners in common with the previous build.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom