Suggested Plugin (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I use the TinyMultiMedia Manager to keep track of what's what - it's really useful!

The plugin I'm suggesting is simply to reduce the no of 'clicks' on Movie night and remove the "what shall we watch" discussion - click in to the plugin either choose a couple of options or just click the 'Go' button, sit back and enjoy a movie :)
    I'm seeing a click to enter the plugin, and another on GO - or click to enter the plugin, down to choose a genre (preset > 'Play an unwatched Sci-Fi movie' for instance?) - 2 click to play a random movie :D

I am not a fan of broadcasting to the world in general what I am doing at the best of times - I really don't want to use Trakt for that simple reason (I don't use ANY social media, nor anything that I cannot control what I send).

I LOVE the IMDB+ plugin and MovingPictures - along with MyTVSeries they are the most used plugins by far - THANKS!!

Also thanks for the Radarr link - I have a Synology NAS that has the option for SickBeard and CouchPotato - though I tend to use a more manual method so I can control what comes in (I never trust anything!), how it's processed (META details) and where it goes under what name. It's a bit time consuming but I like working on my collection :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Also thanks for the Radarr link

You're welcome. SickBeard development is dead (although SickGear fork or others are still active), and CouchPotato development is as good as dead, so open-source alternatives are Sonarr for TV with Radarr being a transformed fork for movies, both very actively developed. They work very nice in automating everything if you want to spend less time manually managing everything, but require tweaking of settings for your unique situation obviously.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @SpudR, curious if you solve the "where do we go for dinner?" problem like this:

sub-buzz-20643-1485968938-1.jpg

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I started using couchmoney.tv with trakt, basically it created customised personal recommendations which are much better than what trakt.tv recommends.

The service basically uses your trakt history (watched / ratings) to create these lists which when combined with the trakt plugin in mediaportal allows you to play movies in your library from your couch. I understand you don't see the point of trakt, but maybe this can make you feel differently.

Anyway, give couchmoney.tv read to understand how it works and try to visualise how you can use this with MediaPortal, MovingPictures and Trakt.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Basic workflow to get started:

First select the genres you want:
    1586660593241.png

Then select a date range:
    1586660617598.png

Then select the languages you are interested in:
    1586660637848.png

Then the popularity of the movies:
    1586660667605.png

Finally name the list:
    1586660683551.png

This list will then be available in your trakt account, from MediaPortal you can either browse to the Lists section in the trakt plugin to view this list and play a movie or if you have syncing of trakt lists enabled, then you can view directly from the MovingPictures plugin.

View lists from trakt plugin:

1586660838265.png

My Horror Recommendations:
    1586660906474.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    hahaha, i saw "Dora and the Lost City of Gold" and then to the right of it, and below it noticed "Horror Recommendation" and went "Yup, sounds about right!" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom