Suggestion: Adding option in File Menu to zero a file (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    Free HDD space isn't always a luxery, so the shows I do not care to watch again I delete as I go.

MP-TVSeries has perfect support for this. After watching a show I can press '0' on my remote, and use option '3' to purge file from database and disk, or use option '1' to purge from disk only.

By using option '1', it allows me to keep track on the last show that I watched and it prevents the entire show from dissapearing due to lack of episodes to list. Once a new episode comes out, I clean up those reminders via option '3' and all is well.

The only problem I encountered a few times now is that I need access to my HTPC to verify this (and the wife is hogging it), because no files exist anymore on the storage box. Sure I can keep a copy of the previous episode, but then we're back to that free HDD space isn't always a luxery.

What would help me out is an extra option to 'zero' the file out, as in keep the "Californication.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-RED.mkv" file, but clear out the contents so that the file ends up being 0-bytes. I've done this manually and MediaPortal doesn't freak out over this if somebody accidently starts the show, it simply gives a codec error that it can not play the file.

Or am I alone in thinking this is useful?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R Suggestions for reliable PCIe DVB-S2 tuner MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    G Remote control suggestions? MediaPortal 1 Talk 16
    J Suggestion on fanart folder organization. Feature Requests 4
    K Suggest me how to install server on Mac Newcomers Forum 2
    SpudR Suggested Plugin MediaPortal 1 Plugins 20
    DHosein Adding Custom Artwork? My TVSeries 3
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 0
    Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
    BrownGhost MP-TVSeries, Failed to save xml to cache, and not adding any info to tvseries from tvdb My TVSeries 4
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Neoculture "Recently Added" option My TVSeries 8
    doskabouter No guide info added due to a MYSQL deadlock Electronic Program Guide 1
    morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 15
    Hawkeye Changes to last added view Feature Requests 0
    P Media portal not adding all TV series General 2
    breese Forum Ad blocking screen and will not allow access to upper Post New Thread Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 4
    H 1.24.0 MP 1.24 high CPU utilization when 'Keep MediaPortal always on top' option enabled Bugreports 4
    horned_reaper [solved] FanartHandler: Duplication options Fanart Handler 0
    doskabouter [Question] Optional installation of subcomponents in MPE1 Developer Discussions 1
    N What do the series recording options mean, and why is MP2 recording random programs? General 3
    HTPCSourcer [Finished] [MP2-793] 'Restart MP2' as additional option in shutdown menu Archive 6
    N Option to "Filter" Images by folder name Feature Requests 8
    J Option to rename the programs during advance scheduling Feature Requests 0
    Rob Hexenmeister Shutdown options General Support 0
    M [solved] Can't get TV option on installation Installation, configuration support 10