Suggestion: Additional default replacement string expression (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Castle.S05E22.Still.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H-264-BS [PublicHD]
    NCIS.S10E22.Revenge.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS [PublicHD]
    The.Looney.Tunes.Show.S02E15.480p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-YFN
    Hannibal.S01E06.HDTV.XviD-AFG
    Zombieland.The.Series.S01E01.Pilot.HDRiP.AC3-2.0.XviD-AXED

I see the following additional strings quite commonly I think they should be stripped by default, I've bolded the ones that I think are the most common

WEB-DL
    480P
    H-264
    H.264
    DD5.1
    AAC2.0
    AC3-2.0
    Xvid
    DivX

Personally I don't require this as everything on my PC gets renamed, but I think the default string replacements should cover the above in addition to what it already covers

Attn: @ltfearme

Regards
    Kiwi

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Are they not importing then even when offline?

Or do you mean to expand the tag support?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I mean to expand the string replacements list based on what is already in the list and the most common file name formats of torrents

Untitled-1.png

EDIT: After posting screenshot I just released that some of them are used as tags, so yes some strings could be used as tags: esp. 480P H264 H.264 H-264 DD5.1

Also DSR is a release group name, however they don't actually do many releases, if you wanted to strip the most common tv show torrent releases you should have

-KINGS
    [Public HD]
    -IMMERSE
    -DIMENSION
    [eztv]
    -LOL
    -2HD
    -EVOLVE

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It would only benefit usage of tags and offline importing. The default import parsing expression is well equipped to deal with all the filenames you provided to strip "Show name", "Season" and "Episode" info from it, which is all that is required to get the rest from TheTVdB. In the above content, DSR stands for "Digital Stream Rip" and is another way to clasify the type of source material. None of the existing tags is therefore to indicate a specific scene group (although it can be expanded to be used as such), but a way to deduct quality.

That way you can for example quickly spot what parts of your collection are rips from broadcasts, so you can replace them with nice optical medium backups after they are released.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When i posted i didn't realise most of the string replacements were for tagging rather than cleanup.

liteglow

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    i did download every season of 24 , but the plugin does not find any episodes, so i need to enter one and one manually.
    is there any way i can fix this with adding string. ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    i did download every season of 24 , but the plugin does not find any episodes, so i need to enter one and one manually.
    is there any way i can fix this with adding string. ?

@liteglow, the default import expression looks for show title, season, episode and optional episode title within the filename, there are other expressions available as well that look for other patterns, as well as a forum thread dedicated to sharing other expressons if you have a weird structure. If you share more details about the folder+filename structure you ended up with, that will help, or simply manually (or use an auto-tool) the filenames you have to match the existing expressions.

SickBeard, FileBot, The Renamer, etc. are all excellent 3rd party tools to do an automatic rename of your files. Sometimes nothing beats manual if u got a really weird structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom