Support for a site request thread (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is anyone else looking in this requestthread?

I'm just wondering if also the dev's are looking at this requestthread - or if there should be onther way to ask for new sites ...? Mybe a new subsection for this sort of stuf and a new theme for every request? So a feedback is possible? Simply filling a thread seems a little ... strange.

Regards

Markus

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's an opensource project. Everyone is welcome to hop in. I am looking at this thread, but all devs are only using their spare time here, so not just because someone requests a site it will be implemented. Of course everyone wants his favorite site. Consider this thread an idea collection. There will not be a place to "request" something - you can do so with things you pay for. Best way to get your wish supported is by contributing - look at how other sites are done and try it yourself or find someone willing.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Did I get it wrong but isn't the tiltle here "Support for a site request thread"?

I do understand the principle behind Open Source - but this principle is not about "if you ask for something it's better to do it yourself if you want it to be done" - it's about everyone is welcome to contribute within his possibilities and everyone has access to the source.

Of course everyone is doing this within his sparetime. And of course you can't force something to be done. I'm just asking about feedback.

If I could code I would do it - as I can't I'm asking. As I have seen a more or less wild growing thread with tons of possible sites I was only wondering if there isn't a better way to deal with it.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First off, I didn't create and name the thread ;) and it should probaby be renamed. I didn't want to sound harsh - only saying what's fact.
    Just what good is feedback if all I can say is always the same: "Can do so if I get the time...".
    It's fine with me if everyone posts their favorite videos site (and some of these have been added!), but don't want to get anyones hopes up, that by posting it will be be implemented in a later version.
    I don't think this will change with a new sub forum, with a thread for each site request.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This was why I was asking in te first place if tere shouldn't be something else - otherwise useres might get the feeling (like I did) that this was a collection of request.

I think this Plugin is a realy great one and has the potential to lift MP to a whole new Level - onlinecontent is the next generation mediacontent after all - already you can get basically everything - and if you are willing to pay for it even actual conent without delay.

So - looking forward the next releases :)

hioctane

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thesixtyone - a music adventure
    automatically playing the next one and stuff would be cool.

Is there a tutorial I'm missing on adding a site and what does what? I'm coming from pretty much no experience in RSS stuff however.

Very cool page, since they have no videos i dont know if onlinevideos is the right place to implement it. Its not that hard to add a new SiteUtil. Well you need a bit programming experiance. A good place to start is to look over a small Siteutil like DreiSatUtil.cs. You have to override a few functions and add your Util in OnlineVideoSites.xml.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom