Support for Ares Skin (2 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Post here if you need support for Ares or are unsure of how to get something to work.

This skin is very modular in design as in the home tiles can be edited directly by pressing info/f9 on the tile and selecting the relevant button ( plugin selection or name editing ). The plugins supported so far are the ones in the plugin list.
    You can access quick settings and main settings by navigating to the bottom left corner power icon and choosing which one you need.

ares1-jpg.183085

Attachments

• CustomTiles.zip
      2.5 MB
    Last edited:

KongoOtto

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this great skin! Could you please help me with the configuration for Multishortcut plugins? I have two Multishortcut plugins which I like to have on the Homescreen. I can choose one of the three Multishortcut Items of the plugin list within the tile configuration, but there is no further setting for the mapping to the particular plugin ore something like this. Do you have any hint for me? Thanks!

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for this great skin! Could you please help me with the configuration for Multishortcut plugins? I have two Multishortcut plugins which I like to have on the Homescreen. I can choose one of the three Multishortcut Items of the plugin list within the tile configuration, but there is no further setting for the mapping to the particular plugin ore something like this. Do you have any hint for me? Thanks!
    Hi you need to set your plugin id's in mpconfig to 8969 8970 or 8971
    Multishort1 id 8969
    Multishort2 id 8970
    Multishort3 id 8971

azeroth

Portal Member
    June 10, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have "Latest Media in Home" selected but nothing shows up above the tiles. Is this supported for movpics or tvseries? I do get the weather forecast when the weather tile is selected.

Also is there anyway to change the main background for when different tiles are selected? Right now movpics and tv series are grey/blank while everything else is the pacman wallpaper.

Thanks!

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I have "Latest Media in Home" selected but nothing shows up above the tiles. Is this supported for movpics or tvseries? I do get the weather forecast when the weather tile is selected.

Also is there anyway to change the main background for when different tiles are selected? Right now movpics and tv series are grey/blank while everything else is the pacman wallpaper.

Thanks!
    Sounds like you don't have latest media handler plugin installed ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to remove tiles that are not assigned to a plugin or are 5 tiles per home page fixed?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Is it possible to remove tiles that are not assigned to a plugin or are 5 tiles per home page fixed?
    Not as standard no and yes the five tiles are fixed, you could remove them manually in the xml but i found it looked very odd having empty space. I was thinking of maybe adding an option to show random fanart or live weather on spare ones but not decided yet.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I was thinking of maybe adding an option to show random fanart or live weather on spare ones but not decided yet.
    What would people prefer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom