Support for Ares Skin (3 Viewers)

Freethefire

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
I was wondering how to specify hyperlink parameter in a basic home menu tile?
Been trying to get the tile to jump directly to a custom category, but no luck. The categoryid is 177.
Any tips?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was wondering how to specify hyperlink parameter in a basic home menu tile?
    Been trying to get the tile to jump directly to a custom category, but no luck. The categoryid is 177.
    Any tips?
    depends which plugin its for ? tvseries/myvideos etc? and are you setting it by f9 on the relevant tile and press right on the editing icons till you get to the hidden one ? think its third one along.

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    depends which plugin its for ? tvseries/myvideos etc? and are you setting it by f9 on the relevant tile and press right on the editing icons till you get to the hidden one ? think its third one along.

Yeah, sorry about that. It's for Moving Pictures.
    Trying to enter the info in the hidden one yes. I've tried with "categoryid:177" only 177 and with xml tags.
    Edit: thanks for your reply!

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yeah, sorry about that. It's for Moving Pictures.
    Trying to enter the info in the hidden one yes. I've tried with "categoryid:177" only 177 and with xml tags.
    Edit: thanks for your reply!
    Can you set movingpictures to debug log level from the movpics config itself and post the log file along with what the category name is ?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Can you set movingpictures to debug log level from the movpics config itself and post the log file along with what the category name is ?
    Just checking looks like i've somehow missed the line needed for this between versions so will fix and release an update, in the mean time you can add
    <hyperlinkParameter>#tile12plugin.parameter</hyperlinkParameter>

Change the number to whichever number tile you are adding it to and add that line to the control for the relevant tile in xml.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    In a fresh install of MP 1.27, the aresbackup plugin was enabled by default, even though I didn't (at least not consciously) install the ares skin. During installation I chose "DefaultWide", but I actually use the antique Frames.
    Shouldn't the aresbackup plugin be disabled by default in this case?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Shouldn't the aresbackup plugin be disabled by default in this case?
    It's not implemented, I turned it off once and it doesn't bother me anymore. :whistle::) The skin is installed anyway, and can be switched from the GUI, so this plugin is up to the user, who does not need it, can turn it off himself. :coffee:

Firekri20

March 25, 2024
    Home Country
    Post here if you need support for Ares or are unsure of how to get something to work.

This skin is very modular in design as in the home tiles can be edited directly by pressing info/f9 on the tile and selecting the relevant button ( plugin selection or name editing ). The plugins supported so far are the ones in the plugin list.
    You can access quick settings and main settings by navigating to the bottom left corner power icon and choosing which one you need.

ares1-jpg.183085
    Hello new to media portal here, I really like this skin and theme, however I do have a question, Is it possible to change the images on the plugins that are set, also how do I add say "my video" plugin to a plugin on the next page which has not been set, when i try to add the video plugin the option for that plugin isnt available but it is on the main page. what im trying to to do is get multiple "my video" plugins across the pages, so i can organise my video folder by images as shown in the this image. please can you can get back to me , thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom