Support for Futaba display of FIC Spectra HTPC | Page 3

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by andreavb, April 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight

starlight Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm the Scaleo E problems. rc1 works well, rc2 tells no display found

peter

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    :D , Joe,
    Maybe I wasd too stupid to try this last time, but in the latest SVN, clicking on the greyed-out "Disabled" in the plug-in popup-menu changed it to "Enabled".
    Judging from the history of this thread, I probably need Andrea's driver, but I just get a flashing red exclamation point, when I try to select it, and OK remains greyed out.
    I have a Scaleo E, which I understand is based on the FIC Spectra platform.

Attached Files:

4. andreavb

andreavb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Sorry but, if you have a ScaleoE VFD I think you should select the "Fujitsu Siemens ScaleoEV VFD Display Driver", the driver I've added (FIC Spectra) is for a seven characters blue VFD...what's yours? if your display is a seven characters display maybe it has different VID and PID...to know this you should browse your hardware under USB devices and check properties of a "Composite Device" (or something similar) and tell us its VID and PID

hope this helps

5. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    I get the same red exclamation point for the Scaleo EV driver. The only one I can select is the old Futaba 0.2, however it doesn't seem to do anything. The display just shows "SCALEO E", no matter what MP is doing. The attached log excerpt suggests that the display was found, but that an additional SW component is needed:
    I will need a little more help to find the PID and VID. I don't find anything like "Composite Device" in the "USB-Controller" branch of Device Manager, nor do I find this text anywhere in the registry.
    The only interesting or informative entry I found in the registry was:
    which presumably comes from having installed a package I downloaded from Siemens as "FSC_Scaleo_E_Display___1004183.zip".
    The display is a blue dot-matrix display, and definitely has more than 7 characters ("SCALEO E" is already 8). According to the product flyer, the display is 2 lines x 18 characters, but I have never seen enough text on it to be able to confirm this.
    Attached is an archive with source files of an application which can apparently address the Scaleo E display, in case you can find out the PID and VID from them.

6. andreavb

andreavb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Futaba 0.2 display driver is a parallel port driver (for this reason it needs DriverLINX Port I/O Driver) used with some Futaba display, I don't think it is your! to find your VID and PID you should right click "My Computer" -> popup menu "Manage" -> List View "Hardware"...I don't know the exact name since I have an Italian operating system...anyway once you're inside your hardware configuration (should be a treeview with all peripherals installed) open USB Controller Node and for every USB device right click, select Properties and then Details tab, select Hardware ID from combo box and tell us the VID and PID values you see for every USB device...so we can identify your VFD driver, maybe it is the same with a different PID and VID

• Like Like x 1
  7. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
  8. andreavb

andreavb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    If yours is a DM-140GINK then it is already supported by External Display Plugin...just take a look at the driver's list...there's one specific for this display

9. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    Hi Andrea,
    I noticed this, but this one also gives me the exclamation point and refuses to enable "OK".
    Thanks for your help!
    Roger

Attached Files:

• DM-140GINK.jpg
      DM-140GINK.jpg
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      October 10, 2007
      Views:
  10. starlight

starlight Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hello rsbrux and andreavb,
    i can confirm rsbrux observation. My Scaleo has the same data and problems.

peter

11. andreavb

andreavb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    If someone can confirm VID and PID we can try to add a driver for your display...one thing I don't understand is if in RC1 it was working and now is broken or if you are asking for supporting a new device, in the case it was working in previous release there is something that was lost during updates and we need to find what it is in order to restore it. If it's for a new driver then we can do it knowing PID and VID exactly and what kind of display (name or type) it is just to give it the correct name!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!