Support for IRTrans and MCE2005 Remote (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just added a Patch onto SF, Patch number 1412023, which enables the use of a MCE2005 Remote together with the IRTrans module, as it is found in for example the DIGN cases.

If there's interest in supporting other remotes, please get in touch with me.

Would be fine if someone of the Devs could intergrate it into CVS.

thx,

Helmut

mcbinder

November 30, 2005
    hwahrmann said:
    If there's interest in supporting other remotes, please get in touch with me.
    Helmut

I'm trying to decide if I should continue trying to get a TIRA IR receiver / transmitter to work with my remote or switch to a MCE remote. TIRA works pretty well right now for receiving IR commands, when it starts correctly. I have not yet tried to send IR.

I want to get most of my TV from a STB via s-video to my as yet unpurchased capture card and I need an IR blaster to control the STB.

How do I get the TIRA to control the STB?
    I can't find it in the Media Portal docs so far.
    I think the sequence is like this:
    Blast IR to STB to set channel.
    Wait a bit.
    Record s-video stream from STB output into Media Portal tv video file.

Any ideas?

mcb

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi mcb,

my quote meant getting other remotes than the MCE supported together with IRTrans.
    As i don't have the TIRA IR receiver, i couldn't be of much help to you.

sorry about that,

Helmut

joseosoria

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    hi, i live in usa , i just built an htpc and i'm using the imon pad remote control with media portal.
    i'm lacking a tv capture card that meet my criteria : hardware encoding, ir blaster for controling cable set up box ( a most), stereo fm radio ( very important) and of course has to work with media portal.
    please recomend me a card not matter pci or usb that you know works fine with these caracteristics.
    thanks , manny.
    ( i have one installed but does not workwit mp (unable to create graph) so i'll replaced it with whatever card you recomend me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom