[Approved] Support for keepaspectratio in Coverflow (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Problem:
    keepaspectratio is not supported in coverflow, but is in other facadeviews.

Solution:
    Patch to use XML value to set keepaspectratio. Defaults to true as coverflow originally did, so no change will be visible to existing users.

Attachments

• Patch to enable keepaspectratio in coverflow SVN26774.patch
      2.2 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nice patch, although if we enable this we should also add the "thumbzoom" option of thumbnailpanel...

With the current implementation coverflow will just use the upper-left part and not zoom the control to the desired size:

Thumbnail:
    140935.png

Coverflow:
    140924.png

:D

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great, will test then and find some dev to commit it... ;)

Thread updated to WIP.

:D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is this similar to what you are looking for?

coverflow_with_zoomcontrol.jpg

I added thumbZoom and changed Zoom to ZoomFromTop AND changed the image-alignment:

Code:
              //pCard.Zoom = !pItem.IsFolder;
              pCard.ZoomFromTop = !pItem.IsFolder && _zoom;
              pCard.ImageAlignment = Alignment.ALIGN_CENTER;
              pCard.ImageVAlignment = VAlignment.ALIGN_MIDDLE;

Before anything is added/modified, you should talk to Andy (ajp8164) as he may have comments to how this is implemented - perhaps he has more fixes to it.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I suppose that's correct, pls upload a patch for this new version (for Andy to look at) ;)

I think there are some scaling issues (also without my patch) when you try to run MediaPortal in windowed mode.

You can probably recreate it this way:

1. Make sure MediaPortal is NOT run in fullscreen, and that the checkbox with "Autosize window mode to skin dimensions" is NOT checked
    2. Start MediaPortal. It should start in 720x576 windowed mode
    3. Go to Videos and choose layout as "Coverflow"
    4. Observe that the videocovers are shown (although aspectratio is wrong, but that is down to skin-dimensions)
    5. Resize the window to a larger size, I use a small program called "Sizer" to set predefined sizes). My example is 1280x720 (inner window sizes)
    6. Covers are now gone. If you choose another layout and swith back to Coverflow, they are back.

shot1.jpg
    Windowed mode, all is fine

shot2.jpg
    Resized, covers are gone

My guess is, that there needs to be a recalculation of sizes when the window is resized. You can also see same problem when switching from windowed mode to full-screen.

I don't think there is much point in extending the skin-possibilities before the above issue is fixed. But when it is, the things I added are quite easy to do.

I'll send Andy a PM about my issue, and see if he can recreate it.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I suppose that's correct, pls upload a patch for this new version (for Andy to look at) ;)

I think there are some scaling issues (also without my patch) when you try to run MediaPortal in windowed mode.

You can probably recreate it this way:

1. Make sure MediaPortal is NOT run in fullscreen, and that the checkbox with "Autosize window mode to skin dimensions" is NOT checked
    2. Start MediaPortal. It should start in 720x576 windowed mode
    3. Go to Videos and choose layout as "Coverflow"
    4. Observe that the videocovers are shown (although aspectratio is wrong, but that is down to skin-dimensions)
    5. Resize the window to a larger size, I use a small program called "Sizer" to set predefined sizes). My example is 1280x720 (inner window sizes)
    6. Covers are now gone. If you choose another layout and swith back to Coverflow, they are back.

View attachment 75816
    Windowed mode, all is fine

View attachment 75817
    Resized, covers are gone

My guess is, that there needs to be a recalculation of sizes when the window is resized. You can also see same problem when switching from windowed mode to full-screen.

I don't think there is much point in extending the skin-possibilities before the above issue is fixed. But when it is, the things I added are quite easy to do.

I'll send Andy a PM about my issue, and see if he can recreate it.

Found the problem. I'll make a fix and commit it soon...

:sorry: and :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom