Support for sites with log-in requirement? (1 Viewer)

TOMillr

Portal Pro
May 4, 2011
Is there a way to inplement support for IPTV services which require a subscription and the user to log in with a user/pass combination?

There are a couple of dedicated XBMC add-ons that do this (like this or this one) and those add-ons are basically the only thing holding me back from switching to MP. :(

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Sure it is possible. Some sites already do such things -like YouTube where you can set your credentials.

TOMillr

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2011
    And how about those XBMC add-ons linked to above? Couldn't you just look into the code and copy the "authentication bits" to get the services working within OV?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I personally don't have the time - and anyone who wants to create a site would probably need credentials to test it (plus motivation to implement your 2 requests). So it sure is possible and the XBMC code helps (though not in a copy paste manner) but you have to find someone willing and time to implement it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] HID commands are not processed when multiple applications with HID support are open General Support 16
    horned_reaper [solved] Add support for Bluetooth events Improvement Suggestions 2
    CyberSimian Support for control.isvisible() in expressions MediaPortal 1 8
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 14
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    J Support waipu TV TV-Server 0
    doskabouter WebDAV support OnlineVideos 0
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    CyberSimian Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 Remotes 6
    cbr954rr [Finished] [MP2-801] Support for tag image extraction Archive 7
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 14
    C Drive Type is not supported by system Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    morpheus_xx General Testing TVE 3.5 Sat>IP support (MP2 only) TV Engine 47
    E M3U Playlist and EPG Support/Configuration Installation, configuration support 1
    G Mediaportal2 supported formats General 1
    M [solved] Stub Support General 11
    morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 31
    A Mediaportal 1.20 support MediaPortal 1 Talk 3
    Lehmden FTP and WebDAV support. MediaPortal 2 0
    1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
    HTPCSourcer OnlineVideos is not remembering my sites MediaPortal 2 25
    H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
    E How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? OnlineVideos 4
    horned_reaper Errors in FH log ... Fanart Handler 1