Support for tagging or converting AIF (1 Viewer)

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
I don't understand Tagthat reads them ok does that mean the MP will too?

I added all missing art in the files with tag that across my whole library also the mp3 are not showing up either.

I will upload a file

I have set folder.jpg and embedded cover art options and some the art is there now not all. I suspect that the .bmp art is just being renamed to .jpg so do I need to cover all art to jpg first does MP not handle .bmp cover art?

I will look at the config log

EDIT:

Ok I think I found a clue in the log it added songs to a couple of cds that I had added Album Artist taggs too

So in Tagthat none of my files have album artist complete (rather album and artist indiviual feilds) the ones that do now have songs displayed in MP...

So do I need to go through and add those to every album? or is their another way that simpler ie config option in MP

Edit:

I am confused adding that does not seem to solve it totally either so I am fundamentally missing something here it seems to be mp3 as well so it must be me although only some

What format should album artist be just the artist for the album or Rockferry - Duffy for example

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, let's first start on a sample.

How do you have your files organised on HDD?
    separate folder per artist or moved multiple artists in one folder?

Album Artist is only needed, if you have a multiple artist album, like a sampler or sound track, so that we treat this as an album and not as 20 different albums, if 20 songs from 20 different artistsare on this album.

if you have just a 1 artist album, then you can omit the Album Artist, it'll default to the Artist name.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    ok I have it organised as Artist name folder then album title folder with e songs in that folder

eg J:\Users\rick\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Beth Hart\Leave The Light On

for various artists their is a folder called compilations with the album name in there

eg J:\Users\rick\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Compilations\Saint-Germain-Des-Prés Café 10 CD1 - The

THe songs sit in these folders

so for a compiltion we use album artist so for obrother wher art thou

the song You art my sunshine - artist norm blake what would we do?

also file extension is .aif I assume that is ok
    thanks Rick

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You should check then "Treat tracks in an individual folder as album"
    Now when you search the songs of Beth Hart's album "Leave the Light on" are all grouped together under Beth Hart and we assign automatically "Beth Hart2 as Album Artist.

All songs for your compilation should have an Album Arist assigned. If this is bnot the case, they will get an album artist of "Various Artist" assigned.
    The song from Norm Blacck and other songs of this album are now grouped together under the AlbumArtist you've assigned.

If you use the Artist view you will find under Artist "Norm Blake" an album, with 1 song, that he performs. And under ALbum Artist you will see th complete album.

The .aif extension is ok, if you use a Mediaportal version created after Friday, 17th. This is the day, i've implementd aif support.
    Versions before, will not recognize your files, of course

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    ok where do I download the version created after 17th that I think is my problem is that an svn or just download the main version from the main 1.00.1 release download

Thanks Rick

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    no, you need an SVN build. They're normally done every Friday. Just checked and there has not been done a build on Friday, since we detected a major problem with MP to crash.
    We're still working on it. so you need to wait, until anothr SVN build is released.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    yeah thanks no SVN's are posted at all yet for 1.0.0.1 of MP unless I am looking in the wrong place

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    rick,

i'm very sorry. AIFF support was omitted by mistake in 1.0.2.
    I can offer you creating a build from current svn, if that is ok with you.

just let me know.

regards,

Helmut

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    Thanks that would be good I will install 1.02 then add your build if that is how it works thanks Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom