Support for unpopular and custom metadata tags fields? (1 Viewer)

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2

Dear community,

I have a question concerning music views. In the wiki I read that they allow flexible access to my music collection. I have perfectly tagged files, mostly FLAC and MP3. I'm using the following tag fields to categorize my songs:
    • album artist
    • album
    • discnumber
    • set subtitle
    • publisher
    • track
    • artist
    • title
    • subtitle

These fields are all defined in the ID3 standard. I use them for my MP3s (ID3 v2.4) and FLACs.

Unfortunately I didn't find a way to use all of the above fields. Especially publisher and subtitle are very important for me. Is there a way to use these fields to filter my music in MP?

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Support for unpopular and custom metadata tags fields?

Thanks for your fast answer.

I forgot the field
    • release time
    I guess this one is unsupported, too?

I found the field year, but this is not sufficient for albums of an artist who releases e.g. an album (or mix) per month. Those albums are sorted by name which is quite messy here.

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Support for unpopular and custom metadata tags fields?

I will double this request ;-)

mp.user said:
    Especially publisher and subtitle are very important for me.
    It would be really nice to see the (set-) "subtitle" during playback. For sorting "set-subtitle" is more importing for me...
    (and of course "publisher", to have e.g. all MFSL's at one click ;-)

mp.user said:
    I found the field year, but this is not sufficient for albums of an artist who releases e.g. an album (or mix) per month.
    Right, "origyear" is really missing. Just thinking about my 5 DSOTM releases from different years. But they all should be sorted at 1973.

Sorting/grouping with codec type would also be nice. Or maybe better with the "mediatype" tag.

hwahrmann said:
    Publisher and Subtitle are fields, which we are not storing in our database.
    Maybe MP should just import all tags which are in the file. And then the user can configure which ones to use or how to map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom