Support for Updatecontrol plugin? (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I added support for Update Control in SVN now - ready for testing ;)

I also created a new issue #465 where you can report any issues you find, or TLD can verify the issue if all is working.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I added support for Update Control in SVN now - ready for testing ;)

I also created a new issue #465 where you can report any issues you find, or TLD can verify the issue if all is working.

I downloaded the latest SVN (I'm using RevAMped and Windows XP still) and i get nothing when using the Updatecontrol plugin see attached (UC) screen shot.
    i am also having problems with the WW plugin (WorldWeather v0.4.0.mpe1) I am not getting the pressure (see Attachment WW1) also the menu will not disappear when in the satellite view when i hit the left or right on the remote.

EDIT: Both plugins work fine in the Default skin.

Attachments

• UC.jpg
      UC.jpg
      47.1 KB
    • WW1.gif
      WW1.gif
      40.3 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I downloaded the latest SVN (I'm using RevAMped and Windows XP still) and i get nothing when using the Updatecontrol plugin see attached (UC) screen shot.
    Can you confirm you have an UpdateControl.xml (2/10/1012) in aMPed skin folder? If so, next step is to try changing themes in aMPedConfig to 'force' recache (since your gfx look 'off' in WW too)
    i am also having problems with the WW plugin (WorldWeather v0.4.0.mpe1) I am not getting the pressure (see Attachment WW1) also the menu will not disappear when in the satellite view when i hit the left or right on the remote.

EDIT: Both plugins work fine in the Default skin.
    I don't get pressure when using Google as provider either. In Default skin it is added to Humidity, so I only see the extra commas. Can you confirm? If you change to Yahoo do you see pressure?

Yes WW 0.4 has changed and does not support a hidden menu (you may notice it only dims a bit in Default/wide). In fact, I get an error.log message anytime I press left/right arrows on the satellite/image view buttons (other than the View button) using either Default or DefaultWide skin (and cannot return from Flat View to View button). Once you select a filmstrip or coverflow layout, then it all works correctly. Can you confirm that as well? If so, please report in WW forum.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    :oops: Brain fart, I just remembered something, I updated the SVN but forgot to build the installer and install the new version.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Can you confirm you have an UpdateControl.xml (2/10/1012) in aMPed skin folder? If so, next step is to try changing themes in aMPedConfig to 'force' recache (since your gfx look 'off' in WW too)

Now that i've updated Amped the updatecontrol plugin seems to be working fine.

I don't get pressure when using Google as provider either. In Default skin it is added to Humidity, so I only see the extra commas. Can you confirm?

Yes i only see the commas too.

If you change to Yahoo do you see pressure?

I get nothing with Yahoo (see Attachment

Yes WW 0.4 has changed and does not support a hidden menu (you may notice it only dims a bit in Default/wide).

Bummer where i live in the satellite pictures is under the menu (Flat view).

In fact, I get an error.log message anytime I press left/right arrows on the satellite/image view buttons (other than the View button) using either Default or DefaultWide skin (and cannot return from Flat View to View button). Once you select a filmstrip or coverflow layout, then it all works correctly. Can you confirm that as well? If so, please report in WW forum.

I don't have any of those problems I get no error message when pushing left or right and the coverflow and filmstrip views work fine also i can return to the flat view in Default and aMPed skins.

Attachments

• WY.jpg
      WY.jpg
      162.2 KB
    • Menu.jpg
      Menu.jpg
      588 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How long do I get to tease you about not building/installing? LOL

Thanks for confirming TLD. Since we are in the Update Control thread, maybe we should continue the discussion about WW in the main amped 3.3.2 thread? I guess I should start a thread for v3.3.3 testing? There may be something more I can do in future versions of WW to hide the menu. Ofc, I can reduce the size of images like the Default Skin, but I think that makes them too hard to see on a smaller 4x3 screen? Did you try using Browser maps where you can zoom/pan the images? I haven't tested that yet but it seems to me that would give you a better view of precisely your area?

EDIT: Does pressure display for your location in Default skin using Yahoo?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I've been meaning to post this screen shot of the update control plugin for a while now, in the bottom right you will see there is some overlapping text.

Edit: RevAMped, 18 font.

Attachments

• Update Plugin.gif
      Update Plugin.gif
      33.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread