Support of XP (1 Viewer)

Jack163

Portal Pro
May 27, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hello all,

I have Windows XP SP3. I've upgraded 1.2.0 to 1.6.0. During installation I was required to install .Net 4.0.

Then in a grid I saw messages on unsupported OS and continuing installation - while https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal/requirements says "MP will issue a warning, but will install on: Windows XP 32-bit Edition with at least service pack 3"

When running MediaPortal Configuration and TV-Server Configuration I see popup

Windows XP (Service Pack 3) [5.1.2600.196608]
Your platform is not supported by MediaPortal.
Please check our Wiki's requirements page.

and fulfillment continues.

MediaPortal seems to be working (though TV Server configuration gives "Microsoft SI/PSI parser outdated! Your version 6.5.2600.5512 of Psisdecc.dll has too many bugs! Please check our Wiki's requirements page.")

Please inform me whether everything works as it should.

Thank you.

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Basically what it says: MP is not supported on XP anymore. I think the last XP supported version was 1.3 or 1.4, so the team does not check, if the new releases do work on XP or not.

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks for reply.

I see, but I wrote what I've read in wiki where popup sends me.

And - where I can read how then I can rollback from 1.6.0 to 1.2.0 in order to install last XP supported version?

Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Jack163

I see, but I wrote what I've read in wiki where popup sends me.

And - where I can read how then I can rollback from 1.6.0 to 1.2.0 in order to install last XP supported version?
    There is no need to roll back. MP 1.6 works fine on XP. The message means that if you ask for help with a problem, we don't guarantee to provide support. We also don't provide support for old versions of MP... so there is actually no benefit to rolling back.

When running MediaPortal Configuration and TV-Server Configuration I see popup

Windows XP (Service Pack 3) [5.1.2600.196608]
    Your platform is not supported by MediaPortal.
    Please check our Wiki's requirements page.

and fulfillment continues.
    This is normal. It is okay. MP and TV Server are still working fine.

MediaPortal seems to be working (though TV Server configuration gives "Microsoft SI/PSI parser outdated! Your version 6.5.2600.5512 of Psisdecc.dll has too many bugs! Please check our Wiki's requirements page.")
    This is not normal.
    Look at the "required updates" section:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal/requirements
    BDA/DVB hotfix - This hotfix is essential for viewing digital TV broadcasts using either analog or digital TV cards. It is already included in roll up 2 of Windows MCE 2005, for Windows XP you have to install it manually. [Updated psisdecd.dll]

So, please download and install that patch and the message will go away. :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom