Supported Hauppauge Nova PCI card not detected (1 Viewer)

RobertJ

December 29, 2005
I have a Hauppauge Nova PCI card which is listed on the hardware compatibility list as supported, and even in the xml file it contains a matching entry (Hauppage Nova-S (ALPS1)) yet it isn't detected by MediaPortal, which says I have no capture cards. :/

The DeviceID and ComponentId in the registry are both pci\ven_1131&dev_7146&subsys_100313c2 which matches one in the xml file.

Help!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Erm what drivers are you using?

Also use the support template for a faster response.

DMAN

RobertJ

December 29, 2005
    Alas the support util doesn't detect my card either, so it would have a blank space where the important info is. :/

I'm using the 2.18c drivers for NOVA-t PCI and NOVE-s PCI.

I did forget however to mention I am running Windows 2000, and not XP. But from what I can tell searching the forums this is only an issue with streaming.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not really you can get away with it for Ananlog cards however for Digital cards you need XP & SP2.

DMAN

teenie

April 6, 2007
    Hi, first time posting here long time DVB user.

I decided to give MP a try! Seems like it might finally be the integration solution for me and it supports the Nova-s

I have a Hauppauge Nova-s PCI card.

My initial attempt to install MP it did not detect my NOVA... but it detected my Dvico ATSC card no problem!

I did a ton of reading... and it was clear that I needed BDA drivers. But there is always a reference to the latest hauppauge drivers for 2.18c.... which I do not beleive has any BDA drivers.

So finally I decided to visit the technotrend site and download the drivers for the NOVA.

I have run the hauppague hcwclear progrm(or something like that)
    I uninstalled the card.

I then restarted the PC and or course the FOUND NEW HARDWARE comes up!

So for the NOVA there are two drivers listed.
    Excuse the spelling as I am not at my home machine to validate.
    1) TTCAPn64 or somehting like that
    2) TTFEDxzcv or something like that

The PC alway prompts twice for for two FOUND NEW DEVICE.

So after updating the drivers Re-installing MP will NOW detect the NOV card no problem.

Now here is my question... I will assume that each is a seperate function and that for the frist prompt I chose one driver and for the second prompt I chose the other driver.

OR do I chose the same driver for BOTH when prompted?

I can scan and I can see signal strength and quality is there. But the Channel numbers for NEW TV NEW RADIO, UPDATED TV or UPDATED RADIO always stays at 0 for all of them.

When I go to the MY TV module I get an error message that states NO TUNER TO RECEIVE. Even with the NOVA card now in the TV CARD list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way... I am scanning NA birds. I edited and updated the TPL for both birds and they do scan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

vladimirussr

May 10, 2007
    Home Country
    The two different drivers are for a tuner and a capture card. (e.g. install both)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom