Suspend, issue with tv card, usb and wol? (1 Viewer)

goughy

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey guys,

Currently I don't let my htpc sleep at all. I've had 3 issues with doing so and ain't that handy but may be getting somewhere with two of them. Got an issue with usb remote sensor switching off too, but I'll see if I can find the jumpers to keep power to it while in sleep. I need access to the drives while in sleep as I stream to other stuff (laptops, phones, tablets) but am not interested in using other wol apps etc to wake it up. So maybe I'm out of luck there.

But my bigger issue is with my tv card. It's a pass through type and when the pc goes into suspend we get no regular tv signal on our tv. Obviously have this problem when the htpc is turned off. So so far I have always left it turned on. Now, I don't know if there's a way in suspend to send power to that card so we can watch regular tv while the htpc sleeps? I'm guessing not, but saying that, I'm not a great gambler.

Just wondering if anyone has a clue, or if a numpty like me should just leave his htpc always on so the things I want to do work without issue?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya :)

It's a pass through type...
    So according to your system specs you have a DVB-T tuner, right?
    If that is the case, you can solve this problem by buying an independent splitter. Instead of looping through the PC tuner, you split the aerial cable before the PC and send one output to the PC and one to the TV. A 1-in-2-out UHF splitter should be quite cheap... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom