Suspend mode S3 (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now I have selected the Standby mode in the iMon config. The PC goes to standby now, but it awakes again even before the harddrive stops. Why that

Something is triggering resume, now you need to go into device manager and see if any unwanted hardware is set to "resume from this Device" untick everything bar your remote which may be listed as its own name, or possibly as HID, Keyboard or even mouse.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I changed the config of the Power Button on the IR with the iMon config now. I think there were 2 commands attached to the button. First the Standby mode from Windows, and then the Power off from iMon. Thats why the PC turned off.
    Now I have selected the Standby mode in the iMon config. The PC goes to standby now, but it awakes again even before the harddrive stops. Why that?

I have exactly the same problem, and I also use iMon for my remote control hardware, sounds like the problem may be related to that (hardware or software) I am about to go and try a few things in that direction with mine.

verhohner

Portal Member
    February 9, 2007
    Wow, it works now!!!!

I it was the keyboard! I deactivated all the devices in the device manager like mouse and keyboard, and now the pc stands in the standby until I press the button from the IR again!

Thank you very much!!!

But theres on more thing. How I can configure "wake up on lan"? I configure the pc over the network via tightVNC and if the pc sleeps I don't want to go down only to wake it up.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    My problem seems to be USB related, it will stay asleep only while all usb devices are unplugged, doesn't seem to be any particular device and there are no settings to fix it that I can find.

Wake on LAN is probably what you want, set the LAN card to "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" (or something like that) in device manager. I have always found that even if set to wake only on magic packet it will wake on any network activity, ping for example, not just a special wake command. there are also bios settings for this bu you probably don't need to touch them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom