Svhs/RGB Record problems (1 Viewer)

cptrico

April 21, 2006
Hello maties.

I am an old user of the MP and is running the latest version RC4.

I have never had problems using MP, but has now running in to problems with my new project.

Basicly i want to convert all my VHS tapes to DVD, and i would like MP to help me with that.

When i plug my SVHS or RGB and phono cables to my Hauppauge MCE500 i get picture and sound from my video recorder. But now the tricky part is i can't get it to record anything when i press record now. It records noghting. It seems like the recorder dosen't know to record from a NON tv channel. Is my goal not possible in MP? or am i missing something.

When i have all your attention :)

I would like to ask anyone if they could help me set a title of a movie i once saw. In genre i would say Starwars clone. The story is about an old man and his pet, the pet is not an ordernary pet is a super fast rodent or something. And they need to get an old space ship working again to protect them selves from the evil forces. A very god film, but can't remember the title. Do anyone know??

Best Regards.

Cptrico

cptrico

April 21, 2006
Noghting?

Don't anyone know if it's possible to record from RGB or SVHS in media portal and how to do it. ?

Need Help
//Cptrico

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yep, that's how I get my TV-signal and I can record that w/o any problems. Donno why you can't tho. Post in the support area of the forum and I bet someone can help you.

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
It is working. I am playing my kids old tapes and the frequents ones I did record.

Did you play with the different input types (CVBS, SVHS, RGB)?

thanks+regards
WeWe

cptrico

April 21, 2006
Hey

I use the CVBS, i dosen't seems that RGB or SuperVHS is good enough. But CVBS1 is working with sound and picture. And i have added the channel for both the viewing and recording part. But when i press play on the video and record now in mp it records noghting. I seems like MP dosn't know where to get the information to record from. But when i record from at Tv channel i have no problems.

I have a MCE500 i shouldet have any problems connecting either RGB or SVHS to the interface.

Another thing.
Is there anyone there have successfully gotten the compress to Xvid or Divx to work proberly with the external plugin?

Thanks in advance

//CPTRICO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom