SVN Patch files

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by asagala, July 16, 2009.

1. asagala

asagala Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Question. How am I suppose to generate multiple patch files for different fixes when I cant commit changes to the SVN?

For example I submitted a patch for SVN 23143 (call it feature#1) that has been accepted and comitted in SVN 23162 (its not accessible yet through the SVN server). Now I am want to release another patch for something else I fixed (feature #2) but I cant generate a patch file since it would include all changes for feature #1 since I cant commit to svn.

Is there a way around this? SVN doenst update often enough for me to wait for my feature #1 changes to appear and then release a patch for feature #2

Hopefully I am making sense and not confusing everyone.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    1) Get current SVN source codes
    2) make changes to source files that are required to fix / feature #1
    3) make patch file #1
    4) revert all changes from fix/feature #1
    5) make changes to source files that are required to fix / feature #2
    6) make patch file #2

Anyone who is using the patch files can then pick either 1, 2 or 1 & 2 patches (the merging responsibility is on the person who takes the patches into use or commits those to the SVN).

4. asagala

asagala Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I wanted to avoid doing that since it prevents me from adding functionality to code I added already. Feature #2 adding functionality to feature #1. I guess this is the only solution for now.

Thanks for the help.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!