SVN Patch files (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Question. How am I suppose to generate multiple patch files for different fixes when I cant commit changes to the SVN?

For example I submitted a patch for SVN 23143 (call it feature#1) that has been accepted and comitted in SVN 23162 (its not accessible yet through the SVN server). Now I am want to release another patch for something else I fixed (feature #2) but I cant generate a patch file since it would include all changes for feature #1 since I cant commit to svn.

Is there a way around this? SVN doenst update often enough for me to wait for my feature #1 changes to appear and then release a patch for feature #2

Hopefully I am making sense and not confusing everyone.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1) Get current SVN source codes
    2) make changes to source files that are required to fix / feature #1
    3) make patch file #1
    4) revert all changes from fix/feature #1
    5) make changes to source files that are required to fix / feature #2
    6) make patch file #2

Anyone who is using the patch files can then pick either 1, 2 or 1 & 2 patches (the merging responsibility is on the person who takes the patches into use or commits those to the SVN).

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I wanted to avoid doing that since it prevents me from adding functionality to code I added already. Feature #2 adding functionality to feature #1. I guess this is the only solution for now.

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom