Swedish in left channel, Danish in the right (2 Viewers)

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a problem with the Eurosport2 channel (Canal Digital). I get the correct
Swedish language in the left channel but Danish in the right channel.

Is there anyone here that also has this problem ? Or a quick solution ?

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I am not 100% sure if you can really do anything, I would like to know if that mediasplitter helps so please test if you are up for it.
The workaround that we use is that we change the speaker config on the tv itself, A or B or A/B
Not sure if your tv is able to seperate the audio channels though?

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
AFAIK, the media splitter isn't used when watching live TV. I'm going through a A/V receiver so there's of course the option that you mention, just disable one of the channels if there's something that i really need to watch on this channel.

But there should be something in the TV-Server, or perhaps client, that should take care of this.

Get a Danish girlfriend and always make sure she's on the right side of You.

I already have a swedish girlfriend. But maybe i can have two. Need to do some research in this area .. :)

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, then just speculate on what could help you instead of just trying...

-level20peon

What could help me:

My STB doesn't have this problem. What does it do then ? Well, i'm not sure but i would guess that it just sends the swedish audio on both channels if the language on the other channel isn't Swedish. I'm guessing that the sound is mono here, not sure of that though.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well MediaPortal has to do everything by software, while your STB does it by built-in hardware. It is no wonder that the results are different if MediaPortal lacks one piece of software. The STB is well developed before it is available on the market so it has everything it needs built-in. MediaPortal would depend on codecs, drivers etc. even if it wasn't BETA-software anymore. You get the point ?

-level20peon

Laban

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2007
    Luleå
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well MediaPortal has to do everything by software, while your STB does it by built-in hardware.

I'm guessing that a STB of today consists of a DVB-n chip, a RISC processor and whole lot of software.

It is no wonder that the results are different if MediaPortal lacks one piece of software. The STB is well developed before it is available on the market so it has everything it needs built-in. MediaPortal would depend on codecs, drivers etc. even if it wasn't BETA-software anymore. You get the point ?

"The STB is well developed..." : obviously, you haven't tried the Sagem HD box that Canal Digital uses :)
    And i doubt that this has got anything to do with codecs and drivers.

But of course MP is missing something here. What i want to know is what it's missing. And if someone is working on this problem.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have the same issue on two channels on Canal Digital in Norway (dvb-c). I also remember that some old DivXes that I downloaded a few years back was this way. Think this is a "cheap" way to send two mono languages trough.

Would also love MP to detect the mono streams and split them, but it might not be that easy. Hope someone wants to dig into this issue at least :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom