Swedish TV and radio logos (2 Viewers)

Do you prefer the glass effect or channel logo as the top layer?

• Glass effect

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Channel logo

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, and it seems you found most logos in svg format :)

I tried it but it looks weird. My logos are all resized to 170x170 to make space for the border in the 200x200 sized image. This Norwegian pack seems to extend the logo over the border.
    And it dosn't seem to work well with vuego's glow effect.
    Norway:
    Bloomberg.png

Sweden:
    Bloomberg.png

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've modified the logos so that they're all visible against dark backgrounds (dark logos are also in the Source folders), which all of the MP skins are including the Avallanche EPG. The Bloomberg logo should then be visible without the use of glows in Dark Glass or even without a background. Did you have any missing logos?

I made the Simple Dark Glow design because most of the WebMediaPortal skins, some mobile apps and I think Argus use light backgrounds so the logos will still be fairly visible there but the glow doesn't show in MP. I've seen some screenshots and the white glow doesn't scale well inside MP in my opinion.

I think when i added the UK pack into LogoManager, I actually used your dimensions because you had a wiki on Google Code (y). Then 190x190 became more established amongst the rest of the packs, Vasilich's conversion scripts also use 190x190. I didn't really notice it using Simple Dark Glow but I agree 190 is too big for the styled designs, square logos like CNN and RT go over the corners.

CNN.png RT.png

Most of the designs seem to have empty spaces around them, Dark Glass is actually 196x198 off-centre. Blue Metal and Modern-StreamedMP are the only ones that are actually 200x200. Is this intentional @Edalex ?:unsure:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I've modified the logos so that they're all visible against dark backgrounds (dark logos are also in the Source folders), which all of the MP skins are including the Avallanche EPG. The Bloomberg logo should then be visible without the use of glows in Dark Glass or even without a background. Did you have any missing logos?

I made the Simple Dark Glow design because most of the WebMediaPortal skins, some mobile apps and I think Argus use light backgrounds so the logos will still be fairly visible there but the glow doesn't show in MP. I've seen some screenshots and the white glow doesn't scale well inside MP in my opinion.

I think when i added the UK pack into LogoManager, I actually used your dimensions because you had a wiki on Google Code (y). Then 190x190 became more established amongst the rest of the packs, Vasilich's conversion scripts also use 190x190. I didn't really notice it using Simple Dark Glow but I agree 190 is too big for the styled designs, square logos like CNN and RT go over the corners.

View attachment 199035 View attachment 199036

Most of the designs seem to have empty spaces around them, Dark Glass is actually 196x198 off-centre. Blue Metal and Modern-StreamedMP are the only ones that are actually 200x200. Is this intentional @Edalex ?:unsure:
    We didn't make any of them. All designs migrated from original app

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    The logos look much better now however they are still a bit too large.

That's why Vasilich's script resizing images to 190 px while background is 200 px.

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used Vasilich's scripts but the point is 190px is too big for the designs with a background, especially if you also use effects. I started trying to see if the designs could be recreated as vector images so that we could have full 200x200 designs, take a look at the CNN logos in the attachment at full size.

Attachments

• sdvsvdv2.png
      sdvsvdv2.png
      235.3 KB
    Last edited:

CountZer0

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's strange, it doesn't work at all for me. Tried the Swedish package and it came back with 0 downloaded logos

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom