Switch between internal / external Player (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

is it possible to Switch between internal / external Player?

Especially for 3D movies I have to use the external Player (Power DVD), for many others I prefer the internal (mainly because of zoom in with black bars 21:9).

Exists any "Standard" way to solve this, like Comand which could mapped to a remote Button?

Any other (3rd party-plugin) solutionfor this use case?

Thanks!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not a direct answer to your question as I am not aware of any means of switching between internal and external players once the config. has been done, however... You may want to take a look at the pre-release 1.15 version which has the option of a different player (internal or external) for Bluray and DVDs, i.e. you should be able to set up PowerDVD just for Bluray and the internal player for DVDs and saved videos which will refine things a little better. Also currently under developement and testing is the intergration of the madvr renderer which in conjunction with the latest LAV filters will playback 3D .mkv rips in 3D on the MP internal player. So in future there maybe some additional options for 3D playback without having to use an external player at all.:D

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Especially for 3D movies I have to use the external Player (Power DVD), for many others I prefer the internal (mainly because of zoom in with black bars 21:9).
    @Sebastiii said that he would consider how to make a call to an external player via the context menu. :whistle::):coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom