Forum switch to XenForo 2.1 (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As you may have noticed, the forum was updated from XenForo 1.5 to 2.16 last night. Lots of changes and even more areas left to fix. We had to let go most of our XenForo 1.5 customizations and add-ons so give us a few days to sort everything out (especially finetuning).

if you are interested in some details:

some remarks:
    -the Live-Posts-page does not exist anymore, instead "New Posts"-pages are polled for updates behind the scenes. Also push-notifications exist

if you notice some issues let us know please, best way is to open a conversation with me and put in some details, thanks ;)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    @high it seems the user profile system specification link also disappeared, will it come back ?
    we havn't found a similar solution for XF2.x and based on the prices to port our old version it's pretty unlikely that we will see a direct replacement. Very few user kept their systeminfos updated and for most bugreports this info is not necessary (anymore).

There may be a light version based on custom fields but no timeline yet.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @high I realized this already longer time before, there is something strange about the online status. For example I see for you and @morpheus_xx always following status whenever you are online “viewing latest content - a moment ago”. Can be that you move the mouse all day In the latest posts, but I guess something is wrong about it ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nope, I just keep What's new open
    this page reloads every 60 secs or so and thats triggering the online-status ;)
    Ok, understand. In the past it was handled differently then and trigger was only the "real" activity.
    I liked before more, because now the status has basically no meaning ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom