Switching between Mediaportal and XBMC via remote. (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have been experimenting with XBMC and although Mediaportal does seem to be the ultimate front end so far, there are a few things that XBMC has that Mediaportal does not.

I was just wondering whether there is any way that I can automatically swap between the two programs automatically via the remote - I know I could just close each program via the remote and then get up and start each one via the mouse but this starts to remove the point of the HTPC.

Two ways that this might be done:

1. An XBMC plugin for Mediaportal that allows XBMC to open and Mediaportal to close (and of course a similar addon for XBMC).
2. A way of mapping the Green Mediabutton to the start button on Windows 7 desktop. You could then close any PVR front end and then choose which new program to open from the list.

Is either of these possible or is there something more ingenious that might already exist?

Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've had simply realised that with MP- Multishortcut Plugin. It send MP into background and start XBMC. As long as XBMC is running and has focus the remote only interacts with XBMC. After closing XBMC magically MP comes up again and will react with remote again.

As now I mainly use MP2 I don't swap that often so on my current system I did not have this set up any longer...But I'm pretty sure this will work with recent MP1 and XBMC versions too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom